Off Topic Chit Chat

Tony

Staff member
Holy crap, my eyes are absolutely killing me after 3 straight days of working HARD on this site. I think we are close to where I would like it though. The Articles are setup and I have added a few new ones today, I installed a new system for our social networks (look on the right side of the header). You can click on any of those and go over to our Facebook, Twitter or Google+ pages and like us over there (please do, we are starting something great with those very soon). You can also click on the RSS feeds. If you are in chrome, you need to install an extension to read them. Not sure why Chrome can't read those... Then on the far right is a little email icon, and that is the contact us link. If you click on that, it will open a dialog box and you can send me an email directly.

so all in all, I think the site is much closer to where I want it than it was last weekend. I still need to create usergroups, promotions, fix some of the permission issues and some other odds and ends, but it's close.

If you have suggestions, post up. I know this is the off topic area (I started to talk off topic, but then it went right to on topic because, well, I'm tired and don't feel like deleting all of that... lmao) but post up and let me know what you would like to see.

RandyDSok

Before I started working on some new radar color tables.... I had to take my ex-GF over to the other side of Lake Thunderbird since she isn't in any condition physically to drive that distance...

While heading back... We saw a pretty good sunset and stopped for just a bit just a little before reaching Little Axe Ok...

DSC_3120-1-2_1280.jpg

RandyDSok

Got an early birthday present... a Meade Polaris 130 ( 5.1" ) telescope. I'll need to get a motor drive if I want to take deep sky shots... but it's not needed for a Moon shot.... actually 2 shots, since it doesn't completely fit in just one now...

I still need to fully colaminate the mirrors ( align them ) so I can get a better focus. That's what causes the blue fringe alont the top edge of this shot.

DSC_3140-Pano-Edit-1_1280.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Yea, compared to your other shots, this one is a little out of focus. But shooting through a telescope can take some setting up. But once you get those lenses lined up, you are going to be able to take some amazing shots. I may just make a forum section just for you. "Randy's Photography Forum" lmao. Almost like a blog.

RandyDSok

LMAO....

I guess a thread to just post up photo stuff would be alright... this thread doesn't do a lot so I'm not sure if it matters really or not. You know me... I'm good with whatever. Not flying anymore, I don't feel I've got much else to contribute even if it's off topic

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Randy. I'm sorry that you don't fly anymore but If it means anything, the wife and my self enjoy you sharing your amazing photos :beerchug:

leedude1

Anybody subscribe to rc heli pilot? I have been unable to reach them and haven't received my first printed copy since my subscription in Dec. ..I feel like they may be Out for the count???and I'm out some bucks.

Tony

Staff member
Don't feel bad, I just ordered a critical part for the Goblin 380 build from HeliDirect (I knew better, but had money that I could only spend there...) and I suspect they will be closed all week...

leedude1

Goblin is a nice bird Tony...was debating when I made my purchase but got a steal couldn't pass up.

Like to get your input on the flight once your done.

Tony

Staff member
The flight quality of the Goblin? I will definitely be doing just that. But, as it sits right now, I have stretched out the videos until at least March 30th as it sits right now and I may stretch them out even farther with the way the parts are falling.

Stambo

I am mad as hell right now.
I bought Jacob a nice new bike for his birthday in December, his first with gears and suspension, and some thieving scumbag has stolen it.
Poor kid is devastated, and he is really upset that I might be mad for him not putting it away.
I have told him I am not, but I certainly am mad at the people who stole it.
I am sorely tempted to put one out with mains power connected to it, kinda like an electric rat trap.
GRRRR.

RandyDSok

I believe I've finally got the 'scope's mirrors aligned properly... although the shot is slight soft on focus ( so that's on me ). In addition the forum dithers the pic some which results in some of the Moon's "seas" at the top, appearing to be mottled more than the actual pic shows... I've adjusted up the contrast/brightness to try to compensate as best I could.

DSC_3273-Edit-Edit-Edit-1_1280a.jpg

Admiral

Anybody subscribe to rc heli pilot? I have been unable to reach them and haven't received my first printed copy since my subscription in Dec. ..I feel like they may be Out for the count???and I'm out some bucks.

The last edition that I received in Australia was Feb/Mar 2017 which is the one with Greena's Interview in it, I went to the web site and FB page, others are querying if they are still in business the same as you.
My next edition is only due about now it takes a few weeks after the US to get here.

Top Bottom