General nt able to take off my plane

Manish

i have build a plane of trainner type.. everythng is fine its moving forward bt nt able to lift up means nt able to take off... plz help me for this..

Jörg Schulz

Hi, Can you be a little bit more specific ? , which motor/props/lipo , is the motor spinning in the right direction ? , your servos going the right way ?

Manish

Hi, Can you be a little bit more specific ? , which motor/props/lipo , is the motor spinning in the right direction ? , your servos going the right way ?

i m using brushless motor 1100kv, Electric prop 11*5.5, battery 2200mah 3s 20c, ESC 40AMP, servo T-pro 9g and 7ch transmitter. all are of avionic brand. while starting motor plane is moving forward on ground but is not lifting up.... i tried by to make it take off by throwing in air too but is coming down... its not being able to lift.

EyeStation

Hello Manish. When you hold the plane and give it full throttle, does it feel like it wants to pull out of your hand? If not, you may want to check your throttle end point calibration in the ESC. Most ESC's will allow you to have your throttle at full stick before powering the ESC. After the first couple of beeps of the ESC drop your throttle stick to low position and the ESC will accept this position and finish up its start up routine.
Dave

Last edited:

Manish

ya it pulls my hand to some extend. when i keep on ground and give full throttle than it runs on ground very fast but cant get in air.

EyeStation

With the prop blowing the air over the control surfaces, (while powered up in your hand), do you feel like the plane is pushing the nose down. You can flip the rudder and elevator sticks and should be able to feel the plane wanting to turn away. If the tail section is having authority to move the back end, I might check your center of gravity to make sure the nose is not too heavy. A usual rule of thumb is 1/3 back from the leading edge of the wing. If your Center Of Gravity ( COG ) is too far forward, you may not have the power to lift it.
You say you hand launched it too. What direction did it head after release? An immediate nose down would also confirm the COG is too far forward.
If so, start moving your battery back to find a spot to give you the perfetc COG for your plane.

BAdair

Is this a high wing plane? is there dihedral in the wing? is the wing tilted down in the front or back to the fuselage? What is the span and width of the wing, and then the, All Up Weight (AUW) of the plane, (battery installed ready to fly)? How many watts is the motor your using, or what is it rated at with the size prop you have on it?

As stated above check the COG, it has major effects if too far off either direction.

Manish

no its nose dont get completely towards down. while launching by hand it goes a little forward n slowly starts getting down with whole body... n weight of my plane is 986g. but whole combination with prop it can lift up to 1900g as it produces up to 1900g thrust

Manish

ya i can send u pics of it.. but i dont know to send it here so can i get your email id. i will mail u now

EyeStation

Manish, it the area that you are typing your comments there are icons above within the window. Hit the icon 3rd from the right. It looks like a multi colored box. From there you can choose to upload pictures from your computer or you can put links to where they are on the internet if they are uploaded elsewhere.

Tony

Staff member
I also have a video on how to upload photos to the website. Just click on the link below (it's the How-To tab at the top of the forum). In there, look for the video "How To Upload Photos". Hope this helps.

RC-Help.com - Rc-Help How-To

treff

If your thrust is good and the c of g is correct (about a third in from the leading edge of the wing) I would give the elevator more "up" trim
and see what happens. Also make sure your elevator is working the right way. When you pull back on the stick the elevator should go up so pushing the tail down. I would have thought your plane would have got of the ground quite easily with the large UC and the angle of the wings. . I would recheck the weight and make sure you have full throttle. Then let her go. Cheers

Last edited:

Manish

i made each and every thing correct, and tried my best to make it fly but i couldnt succeed... some of the body parts got damaged too while making it fly by hand.. i am going to make another body. so can u help me in more way so that i can make good body n can fly it....

treff

When you do rebuild make sure elevator is working correct way. Make sure CG is correct. Make sure prop is turning right way and big enough to pull the aircraft and lastly make sure the aircraft is not to heavy. Good luck with the re-build, it's all part of the learning curve. Cheers

EyeStation

Prop turning the correct way would be Counter Clockwise. Or, if looking at the top of the prop when spinning, it should pass from right to left.

Top Bottom