General nt able to take off my plane

Manish

while watching from front its spinning anticlockwise... n its correct only, if it wont be correct than my plane would nt be running forward... its running forward but its not able to get in air....

Tony

Staff member
Make sure the lettering on the prop is facing forward as well. If you are not able to pull back on the elevator to get it to nose up, then there has to either be a lack of control surface throw, bending control linkages (ask derek about this :poke:) or not enough thrust. The back side of the prop should be concaved as it's "scooping" the air and tossing it backwards.

Derek

Make sure the lettering on the prop is facing forward as well. If you are not able to pull back on the elevator to get it to nose up, then there has to either be a lack of control surface throw, bending control linkages (ask derek about this :poke:) or not enough thrust. The back side of the prop should be concaved as it's "scooping" the air and tossing it backwards.

Two of the many lessons that I've learned in my rc flying career are posted here, lol. One...the letters and numbers on the prop...these are always mounted on the plane so that they are forward. Well said, Tony! I mistakenly attached a prop with the lettering backwards and was shocked at the lack of thrust. Flipped the prop around and all was well. Two....bending control linkages (the push rods)....yeah..never skimp on the push rods. Thanks for the subtle jabs, Tony! lol. Lessons learned and I'm better now for it, lol.

Manish

what should be the wingspan length??? i think length my plane wingspan length is less than it is required...

Tony

Staff member
It's around about 48". I can't remember exactly though. But, anything over about 40" should do fine with the V3 fuse.

Tony

Staff member
On page 2, it should have the version number. You can see it in the PDF file. What is your wing span?

Manish

i couldnt find it... can u say me what should be the best wings length for my plane... i have uplodaded pictures too.. just those pic and say me..

Tony

Staff member
I have told you what length the wing should be, about 48". What I'm asking is what length the wing actually is. Did you check the prop to make sure it's put on the correct way? Are you sure you are getting 100% throttle out of the motor/ESC? Do you have plenty of elevator travel? When you add full throttle, do you still have elevator and aileron control? We need to know the answers to these questions in order to help you out.

Tony

Staff member
We may need to get gaba in here to do some talking. I think there may be some things lost in translation.

Manish

I have told you what length the wing should be, about 48". What I'm asking is what length the wing actually is. Did you check the prop to make sure it's put on the correct way? Are you sure you are getting 100% throttle out of the motor/ESC? Do you have plenty of elevator travel? When you add full throttle, do you still have elevator and aileron control? We need to know the answers to these questions in order to help you out.

Tony sir, my plane is of v1 type and is according to your v1 pdf plan file. my plane wing length is 880mm and length of plane is 600mm.
ya i checked the prop and it is placed in correct way.
yes i think its geting 100% throttle....
rudder words very well on ground... i can make is take turn by using rudder...
And even elevator is working well.... but dnt know exactly whats wrong with it that it is not able to get in air...

i think my plane body is not correct.. the landing grear is not placed on correct place and may be some more things wrong in that...
so i have started to make another plane according to your v3.1 plan.....
i downloaded v3.1 plan in A4 size paper and the line given in 1st paper is of correct length 12.7cm but 7th page is not being placed in correct and i think the plan in paper seems to be big and dont know what to do...
sir its my request to mention the length n breadth of each parts and of each lines... so that it will be easy for beginner like me to build it properly and correctly...

Manish

Tony, till now you didnt post the dimensions of plane v-3.1. please sir send me dimension of each parts soon.

Tony

Staff member
You should have a 47" wing when glued together with a 25" fuse nose to the tip of the fuse. Hope this helps.

jklong03

Older thread, but like a mystery book with the last pages torn out, we are left hanging!

My bet was on a reversed elevator!

Top Bottom