not fully back yet

murankar

Staff member
So its been some time since I have posted or even looked at the forum. Almost a month ago I lost my job at Lubrizol and have been jobless since. Following my job loss I had a break down. Some of you know what's going on with this. It got worse and had to go increase my level of help. Right now I am doing okay but still have some not so good days.

As for the hobby I am still making effort with it. I have been simming about 3 times a week on real flight 7.5. The DX6 is doing marvelous right now. On my second set of AA batteries on it and that set is almost ready for recharge.

I have flown the X3 a few times, at least a dozen; in the front yard. I have been feeling out the KBar. I am excited to report no issues and the X3 feels a lot more connected. I still have some tuning on the tail yet. Still have a slight wag in the tail. I think I few more points down on the gain should solve that. Cyclic seems very locked in on the Zeal 360mm blades. I am still on 3s and things come down warm. Warm enough to pause for a couple between flights.

So my flying has been nothing more than tail in box's in both directions. I did attempt circles while tail in, clockwise. I need a bit more space than the front yard offers for that even though I can do it just fine. I would like more room for comfort purposes.

I still have the Dominator sitting in the box. It is short a few pieces and I am waiting on the old owner to send them. I am still possibly going to sell the kit. Its up in the air right now, no pun.

As for the forum, I have been on here off and on. I have not been feeling it since I lost my job. I have been looking at posts just to keep up. As for helping, I am still going to assist when and where I can. I have to take a break and cut back. For the last 3 or 4 years I have been on here solid. I am addicted to this place. I have grown in the hobby and have helped others grow as well because of RCH. With that said I will still be here just not as much. I have to focus my life and FAM. Things have been difficult to say the least.

That's my rant and update. Hope you all get some good flying weather.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there "uri", My wife and I sent our blessing to you and your family. Keep your chin up my friend! Stay focus and good things will come your way. Take care.

Tony

Staff member
Bro, I'm sure you remember that horrible pit of despair that I was in about 8 months ago or so. Hated my job, not making enough money, drinking heavily, started smoking again, wife and I constantly fighting and about ready to split up, couldn't pay bills, had my brother in law living with me and just all around miserable. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel which I have found.

Yes, I"m going through a little bit of a hard time right now with the wife wrecking her car, but guess what, it's still driveable and she is fine as is my daughter, that is all that matters. I'm nto letting it get me down. I hate my job, but I know I can go just about anywhere and get a pay raise, just taking my time to choose what I want to do.

My point is, it will get better. You just can't let it get to you and don't do what I did and turn to drinking. IMO it was the only thing that numbed me enough to where I didn't care. But when you are spending $120 a week on bourbon, it just makes your issues worse in multiple ways.

Chin up, you will get there. And don't try to stick with just warehouse positions, there are a crap ton of jobs out there that pay really well. Just stay out of the oil field right now (kind of where I am right now, and I'm sitting on my ass all day. Thankfully I'm hourly). Have you thought about getting your CDL and driving trucks? You could make as much as $300,000.00 a year hauling a flatbed! Or something around $60,000.00 hauling locally. Just a thought.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I agree with Tony. Stay away from the drinking, it will destroy you if you let it. It did me!

murankar

Staff member
Again thank you guys.

I have a few to drink just not getting slobbered drunk or doing it every day, I think it was 3 times. This is about once a week. anyhow I am managing and the wife is starting to come around, well we are sleeping together again anyways. I am still having some bad days and good days. Today is a good day I am out in the yard, taking a break right now, digging up root balls from my brush area. I got a tree opened up for a couple swings and the ground is almost cleared up for playing on. After I finish up lunch I will go back at it. I will post a pic of the area.

I just may fly a few packs while I am back there. Just enough room to work on fundamentals. Ill see if I can rig a camera up for video. right now I cant find my camera mount I have been using.

trainrider06

Sorry to hear things not so well, at least sounds like the marriage has a chance though....Things are quite tough up in the Big O. Not many can understand just how devastating the economy is up in areas around there. Near where my mom lives there are whole city blocks of abandoned houses....Ohio was heavily dependant on manufacturing at one time, and they have just about all been outsourced.

I'd like to see the day come when Americans take back our country from the highest bidders, or in the case of jobs and manufacturing the lowest bidders....and they are the lowest Americans in my opinion!
Just keep plugging my friend...thats all one can do, and enjoy the good spots we all have in live from time to time.

murankar

Staff member
Thanks you. Things are getting better its a slow process.

Me loosing my job wasn't an economy thing, it was my anxiety that lead to me being pulled off that assignment. As for Ohio being in manufacturing, its still heavily vested in this industry. Northeast Ohio where I live is still producing product and Mentor exists because of the factories. Tyler BLVD is factory row for about 4 miles, we had at one time a Caterpillar assembly plant. That closed over 20 years ago. The big thing here is machining (CNC and such).

Here is my work for today.

ForumRunner_20150508_195121.jpg

ForumRunner_20150508_195136.jpg

ForumRunner_20150508_195150.jpg

ForumRunner_20150508_195208.jpg

ForumRunner_20150508_195223.jpg

ForumRunner_20150508_195121.jpg

ForumRunner_20150508_195136.jpg

ForumRunner_20150508_195150.jpg

ForumRunner_20150508_195208.jpg

ForumRunner_20150508_195223.jpg

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
More than that. I was feeling dizzy and weak afterwards. I still have a lot to yet. Oh and I got a sun burn on my neck and face.

This area is going to be a play spot for the kids so I need to make sure I got all the stumps out. I will be adding a ground cover of some sort. Not sure what but it needs to be added. This is clay and soil which holds water very well.

trainrider06

If I had a place like that when I was a kid I would have all my little green Army men all hidden behind, on top of the stumps...
Then have my Tonka toys building roads and such around the place :wink:

murankar

Staff member
Same here. There are so many ideas for the kids to create. I hope they have great memories of the dirt spot.

trainrider06

It's good to have em a place like that...then later on be a nice area for a gazebo or something like that for adults to enjoy once they are grown.

murankar

Staff member
I am thinking a nice little not so get away, get away. Maybe a second fire ring and some cozy lounge chairs and a natural over hang. Hopefully I can keep the tree alive, it was severely over grown with wild grape vines. I just found a small run of poison ivy growing on it. So I will need to pull that off the tree and trace it to the ground and find the main vine run. Then the tree will be ready for climbing.

trainrider06

It'll probably be ok and turn into a fine shade tree! Perfect for those summer lazy days, and in the winter like ya said might be good to have a fire pit or something to chill out around during those chilly fall evenings!

murankar

Staff member
I have a few more weeks to finish up the roots and then start letting it be used for fun times.

Today I went and saw a job recruiter. Did a quick interview and registered with the company and took the assessment exam for job placement. I have an oportunity to work as a Group Lead (lower supervisor). pay is okay but then again I dont know the work environment to say otherwise. I should hear back by the weeks end, I hope.

murankar

Staff member
Thank you

Well interview 1 went well. The manager of the warehouse is a full scale pilot, yep I talked about the Gaui. Interview 2 was an epic fail on my part. First I was almost an hour late, thought it was at 2 and really at 1pm.

Job 2 was not what I thought it was going to be. It was way under described. What they need is a dry chemical blender that has a degree in process engineering. Yeah, hey learn this blender setup that's not designed for what we want it to do, then tell us how to fix it to work, finally design a process for this work station. I don't think they want to hire the correct people for this because of money.

Interview 3 is on Monday and number 4 is on Tuesday. Thursday I get to talk about it to my pysch. Will see how it goes. I am hoping for interview 1 or 3 at the moment.

trainrider06

That job no. 2 sounds like a good reason they are still looking for someone to fill the position
I wouldn't take it if they offered it!
Well sounds like your on the right track and have some potintial employment opportunities...

Top Bottom