not fully back yet

murankar

Staff member
I do. I still have 2 more options yet to look at. As for job 2, well I would take it but I don't think its going to be what I want it to be. Even if I get it I may turn it down.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

trainrider06

Hope it works out for ya! Am sure it will sounds like the black cloud over ya needs to start floating down the road.....Those clouds can be a pest for sure!
We all seem to get stuck in those outhouses here and again, but as long as we keep plugging along those bright spots come, and we can appreciate them even more when they do...take em enjoy em, relive them in our minds to help get past those crappy times that always rear their heads on us!

vimy

I do. I still have 2 more options yet to look at. As for job 2, well I would take it but I don't think its going to be what I want it to be. Even if I get it I may turn it down.

Hello Matt, nice to see things picking up for you. As I said before, you are allowed to enjoy yourself.

You could always try "Job 2", if it causes you stress in anyway then leave for something else.

Best of luck, what ever you decide to do.

murankar

Staff member
I finally have a job. I start June 15th. I will make a more elaborate post on what happened after I charge my phone.

murankar

Staff member
So over the last few weeks, three to be exact; I have been really busy finding work. I did a reverse job fair and managed to hand out 10 resumes. Eventually I got about 20 resumes handed out. I also went to 3 staffing agencies and also worked with jobs and family service. Last week I got a call back for an interview, following that I scheduled 4 more interviews. My interviews started on Friday of last week and my final interview was on Wednesday of this week.

After interviewing I found that 2 places were not a good fit for me, ironically I never got offers from them. As for the other 3, I was offered positions. 2 of the three were at Avery Dennison and one with a company that sells, leases and maintains forklifts.

In the end I took Avery Dennison and they gave me shift choice since both 2nb and 3rd wanted me. I will be training on third and moving to second in 90 days. The money was lower than I wanted but it will do until I get some time under my belt.

callsign4223

Staff member
Awesome, it's great that you had people fighting over you. That really shows the quality of employee they envision you to be.

murankar

Staff member
It was difficult but I did manage to pull out 3 decent interviews. I went in with a portfolio of my work history and answered the questions just right. I have a lot of people to thank for there help. The amount of stuff I accomplished over the last few weeks was do to the support network that I built over the last few weeks.

Avery is a very solid company. They deal with blank vinyl and office supplies, mostly. I will be cutting the vinyl to finished sizes.

Top Bottom