1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

FBL Gyro Noob Has Some Questions Regarding Tx Settings With Fbl Gyro

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by LearnTheHardway, Mar 23, 2019.

< Ikon2 Issues | Vbar Neo And Mini Basic Setup And Tune >
  1. LearnTheHardway

LearnTheHardway New Member

Blog Posts:
    Automotive technician / mad scientist
    Ok while setting up the Fbl gyro through Vstabi , initiially it said to set the swash type 1 servo 90' in the Tx and inhibit swash mixing as well as the gyro etc....after setting up the gyro with Vstabi is finished , i know to activate the gyro function to adjust the gain of the gyro , but do i leave swash type set as it is ?....and will i not need to use swash mixing because the fbl gyro controls that now?.....and last but not least , what pitch curve settings are good for beginner/sport flying ?.......i realize questions like these make me look like i should still be flying Air hogz , it's just that Mikado isn't very complete on their info with their manuals and their use of acronyms is another story all together

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Don't ever worry about asking questions, that is why this forum is here, literally.

When they say set the swash type to 1 servo 90ยบ (normal in newer Tx's), that is just the cyclic swash. The gyro gain is for the tail gyro and you, I think, adjust that on channel 5. At least that is what ikon and microbeast are on. Never flown the Mikado gyros or their clones. Once you have your head setup, you will likely not touch it again. And once you get your tail dialed in, that will likely never be touched again unless you are just fine tuning. For me, I'm not a hard 3D flier, so I Ron Popeil my gyros, set it and forget it.

But yes, you will leave the swash setting in the Tx at 1 servo 90. All swash mixing is done in the gyro. Much easier that way.

LearnTheHardway likes this.
  3. LearnTheHardway

LearnTheHardway New Member

Blog Posts:
    Automotive technician / mad scientist
    Thank you Tony, I like the Ronco motto as well , set it and forget it ......but you can't forget about the other motto..." But wait!......theres more!" ... atleast for me , theres always something that gets overlooked.....and i dont like being example of what not to do.

4. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    We have all been there, trust me. I still make beginner mistakes once in a while. Okay... more often than not lmao. It's just a part of this hobby. Keep at it, you will get it.

LearnTheHardway likes this.
< Ikon2 Issues | Vbar Neo And Mini Basic Setup And Tune >