FBL Gyro Noob Has Some Questions Regarding Tx Settings With Fbl Gyro

LearnTheHardway

Ok while setting up the Fbl gyro through Vstabi , initiially it said to set the swash type 1 servo 90' in the Tx and inhibit swash mixing as well as the gyro etc....after setting up the gyro with Vstabi is finished , i know to activate the gyro function to adjust the gain of the gyro , but do i leave swash type set as it is ?....and will i not need to use swash mixing because the fbl gyro controls that now?.....and last but not least , what pitch curve settings are good for beginner/sport flying ?.......i realize questions like these make me look like i should still be flying Air hogz , it's just that Mikado isn't very complete on their info with their manuals and their use of acronyms is another story all together

Tony

Staff member
Don't ever worry about asking questions, that is why this forum is here, literally.

When they say set the swash type to 1 servo 90º (normal in newer Tx's), that is just the cyclic swash. The gyro gain is for the tail gyro and you, I think, adjust that on channel 5. At least that is what ikon and microbeast are on. Never flown the Mikado gyros or their clones. Once you have your head setup, you will likely not touch it again. And once you get your tail dialed in, that will likely never be touched again unless you are just fine tuning. For me, I'm not a hard 3D flier, so I Ron Popeil my gyros, set it and forget it.

But yes, you will leave the swash setting in the Tx at 1 servo 90. All swash mixing is done in the gyro. Much easier that way.

LearnTheHardway

Thank you Tony, I like the Ronco motto as well , set it and forget it ......but you can't forget about the other motto..." But wait!......theres more!" ... atleast for me , theres always something that gets overlooked.....and i dont like being example of what not to do.

Tony

Staff member
We have all been there, trust me. I still make beginner mistakes once in a while. Okay... more often than not lmao. It's just a part of this hobby. Keep at it, you will get it.

Top Bottom