Spektrum No spool up after replacing rx with AR610

DMartin_nj

In that case, I would see about getting a new ESC. Only thing I can think of.
I am thinking the same thing or at least a different one. I plugged in an older one from the honeybee King 2 and it worked.

Anyway... Thank you so much for your time and much effort, it's very much appreciated...

I will order another 40amp ESC and give that a try sometime soon... Will let you know what happens... On that note, is this something that Spektrum should know about? Maybe for and update/fix? I aint know, just a suggestion :) If so, what do we do to go about letting them know of this problem?

Just an FYI: The RX that was on my E-Razer was a FlySky FS-R8B. I changed it out because of the cheep TX loosing signal only 50 feet out. Thus the reason for purchasing a good TX, the Spectrum DX8G2.

Tony

Staff member
As stated, I did a full build with the E Razor and a DX6i with an orangeRx. Everything worked great. So I"m not sure why this one won't work with what you have. Very interesting. As for letting spektrum know, I wouldn't. E Razor is a clone brand and they don't much care about clones.

If you are looking for a good ESC, the small Hobbywing works great. And the 40a version has a pretty good soft start.

DMartin_nj

As stated, I did a full build with the E Razor and a DX6i with an orangeRx. Everything worked great. So I"m not sure why this one won't work with what you have. Very interesting. As for letting spektrum know, I wouldn't. E Razor is a clone brand and they don't much care about clones.

If you are looking for a good ESC, the small Hobbywing works great. And the 40a version has a pretty good soft start.
Ahhhhh did not know the E-Razer was a clone too LOL... I saw your vid with the orange RX and DX6i...

Ahhhh wait... I wonder if an orange RX will work for me hehe.... I should try that first.... Worth a try anyway... Will be another thing my WIFE will say: You ordered more stuff??? LOL

Thank you so much for all your efforts though.... You've been such a great help. I've never had this kind of help before and it's very appreciated!!!

holtneil

Hi mate if you thinking of getting a orange rx , i would take a good look at the lemon rx they are much better and just a little more on price

DMartin_nj

Hi mate if you thinking of getting a orange rx , i would take a good look at the lemon rx they are much better and just a little more on price
ahhhhhh never heard of them and did not know... I purchased 2 orange RX's yesterday right after we figured out old technology does not work with the Spektrum DX8G2. Anyway, ordered 2 for 20.00 usd, they should be here soon and I'll give that a try... If that does not work, Im guessing newer ESC's should do the trick. Crossing my fingers on the orange RX's...

Thank you much for your input. I will still look into those Lemon RX's for other aircrafts down the road. I want to try and FPV 5 or 6 inch racing drone for freestyle type of drone flying...

holtneil

That's sounds good the lemon sat receivers are smaller than the Spektrum or orange sat receivers so would be great for a tiny racer smoggy uses lemon receivers and sats a lot on his helis

DMartin_nj

update time YAY!!!
Last week we figured it was an issue with the RX not compatible with the ESC. I ordered 2 orange RX''s to test it out. A week later they came in, I installed one and still had the same issue... Grrrrr... LOL. I found a hobby store 30 miles from me, called them up n asked if they had 40 amp ESC's in stock for plane/heli, they did. Went there to purchased one, back home and tested it. IT WORKS GREAT... All along was my older Detrum 40 amp ESC's not compatible with my new DX8G2 system.

I got right to work on the Dynam E-Razer 450, put the AR610 RX back in, install the new E-Sky 40 amp ESC, did a complete flybar head setup (thanks to Tony's vids). Put the trainer landing gear back on (still learning). As soon as I stepped out my door to test it out, it started raining, go figure LOL. I will have to tone it down a lot, it's setup for 3D and Im no way there yet :) The controls are VERY touchy.

When I get my other 450 going (crashed it 5 years back), will have to purchase another ESC for it too.

Happy flying everyone... Thanks for all your help :)

Tony

Staff member
Glad you got it working. Make another thread with your setups (collective and cyclic pitch, DR/Expo settings and so on) and lets get that thing stable for ya.

Top Bottom