1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Spektrum No spool up after replacing rx with AR610

Discussion in 'Transmitters & Receivers' started by DMartin_nj, Mar 29, 2017.

< Okay... Per Tony's request: DX8G2 Heli settings...? | New Spektrum transmitters: DX20 and DX8 gen2 >
  1. DMartin_nj

DMartin_nj New Member

Blog Posts:
    Transit Technician
    Im new to helicopters. Had a cheap tx/rx in a 450, now have a good spektrum dx8g2. I want to use the new tx, installed an AR610 now I do not get any spoolup?

Is there some adjustment in the tx I am missing by chance? One would think it would still spoolup once everything is plugged into the new rx...

all I did was unplug wires from one rx to the new rx...

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Try recalibrating your ESC. With everything off, turn on your Tx and raise the throttle all the way up (make sure the main and tail blades are off just in case). Plug in the helicopter and you should hear a set of tones. Once you hear the set of tones, lower the throttle all the way down. It should initialize the helicopter as usual. Let me know if this helps.

3. Dennis H

Dennis H Member

Blog Posts:
    Yes, let us all know if it worked.

Dennis

4. Admiral

Admiral I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Information Technology (Retired)
    May be a silly question but, are all the servos working properly ?

5. vyrnguy

vyrnguy Member

Blog Posts:
    make sure you got the cables into the right ports and they are not upside down. It's been known to happen

6. DMartin_nj

DMartin_nj New Member

Blog Posts:
    Transit Technician
    Tony I tried that about 3 times, still the same no spool up. In thinking something could have gone wrong with the ESC or motor, I re-installed the cheaper rx and it works fine. I tried re-binding, installing a new Model in the TX to a plane and doing what you said, no change. I can feel the ESC slightly warm and I hear the beeping. It's a Detrum 40 amp ESC. Now what I did try is I have a smaller ESC and motor to a HoneyBee King 2 that is in need of fixing up (bought it crashed of the same neighbor I got the old control line from). It runs on first plugin with the AR610... Im starting to think this has some issue with the Detrum ESC not liking the AR610rx (just guessing).

yes they are all working properly Admiral :) Weather I plug 1 in or all 6 they all work but the throttle (no spoolup).

Yes they are all in the right spots... All are marked on the Spektum AR610 rx. I even tried just the trottle from the ESC.

Tony have you ever came across anything like this?

7. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Try going into the travel menu and see if you can lower the low throttle point (raise the number for low throttle). I'm still thinking that it's not seeing a low throttle signal.

Have you made sure your throttle hold is not on? You can go into your monitor menu and see if the throttle channel is moving with the stick.

8. DMartin_nj

DMartin_nj New Member

Blog Posts:
    Transit Technician
    Do you mean in "Servo Settings"? Under the travel menu? If so, that is "100, 100" for throttle, when I move the stick, it shows -99 to 99 movement. Yes I have setup throttle hold and no I turn if off when I try to spoolup. Ummmmmmm trying to guess what other info you might need...... I did not enable throttle cut yet so that is not an issue. Throttle curves are standard beginner 0, 25, 50, 75, 100. I even tried setting up a new "airplane" model to test it, same issue, the motor will not spin. Im pretty stumped at this point for I have tried so many things with no success. I even tried another Identical ESC and motor (for the t-rex 450 clone), same issue hehe...

9. Tony

Blog Posts:
    On the travel menu, make it 100 over 125 and see what that does.

10. DMartin_nj

DMartin_nj New Member

Blog Posts:
    Transit Technician
    I changed it like you said, to 150 max setting, restarted the process like you mentioned above, still same issue, no spoolup. I also "disabled" throttle hold just for good measures. It did not change anything. I do hear a series of beeping, starting with 1, then 2, then 3, then 4 and back to 1 (even with my bad hearing hehe).

11. Tony

Blog Posts:
    The beeps you are hearing is the ESC in setup mode. When you plug it in, it is thinking the throttle is high, and not low.

Make sure you have no blades on the heli and reverse the throttle and see what happens.

12. DMartin_nj

DMartin_nj New Member

Blog Posts:
    Transit Technician
    I reversed the throttle and no change other than the beeping, it's a constant beep, beep, beep, beep beep in a fast pace and never ending with the throttle is up or down. The TX told me I had to rebind to reset "failsafes" so I did that too.

13. Tony

Blog Posts:
    what ESC are you using?

14. DMartin_nj

DMartin_nj New Member

Blog Posts:
    Transit Technician
    The one that came with the Dyname E-Razer, a Detrum 40amp brushless ESC, the numbers under the "40amp" are: 5-18 NC/2-6LIXX if that means anything to you. I did a google search is found xheli.com sells it: Dynam 6-Ch 2.4Ghz Carbon Fiber E-Razor 450-3D Metal Helicopter RTF w/ Direct-Belt-Drive, 6CH Fully-Loaded System, Lipo Battery, Brushless Motor+ESC RC Remote Control Radio . Mine is older keep in mind, guessing 5 to 6 years back. I bought it off of a co-worker 4 years ago.

15. Tony

Blog Posts:
    I used to have that ESC and I used it with a DX6i, so I know it will work just fine with a spektrum Tx/Rx. Try making a new model, keep everything stock except for the swash if you need to set it to 120º 3 servo and see what happens. I'm still thinking this is a calibration issue, but without having it here in front of me, I have no way of testing it.

16. DMartin_nj

DMartin_nj New Member

Blog Posts:
    Transit Technician
    did that again... even disabled throttle warning, inhibit. It seems like older technology does not like the newer technology of the DX8G2 and/or the AR610 rx. I have the origonal 8 ch rx that came with this TX, an AR8000. Do you think we should give it a try?

17. Tony

Blog Posts:
    I would. It's worth a shot anyway. Could be something wrong with that Rx.

18. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Another thing you can try is to put a servo into the throttle port. I would do it with one that you don't care about since there is a possibility that it could hurt it, but it will at least tell you if a signal is getting though.

19. DMartin_nj

DMartin_nj New Member

Blog Posts:
    Transit Technician
    I have 3 of those RX's and all 3 do the same LOL... The AR8000 RX is the same. On the "new heli model".

Okay, I put the rudder into the throttle port, put the throttle stick mid way (50%) and powered up the RX. It is responsive just like the rudder channel. So it's getting signal... Im pretty sure now it's older technology not working with newer technology.... Kind of like today's computers (PC's), most older programs wont work with newer computers.

20. Tony

Blog Posts:
    In that case, I would see about getting a new ESC. Only thing I can think of.

< Okay... Per Tony's request: DX8G2 Heli settings...? | New Spektrum transmitters: DX20 and DX8 gen2 >