General Nitro questions

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'm thinking that you might have to use the clutch bell magnets with the pick up for them. but till you get the kit, you do not know whats there. Any gov will work has long has it has the plug to fit the Ikon.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Interesting cause there is a similar size engine here and they fly a spektrum backplate

Anywaz. Then you'll need the magnetic sensor and the fan magnets . It's not bad setup at all. My vibe is on it now

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Align governor? I wouldn't use that when ikon can do what you want it to do :)

Align governor will need to sense rpm somehow .... It'll be either a magnet or a backplate sensor too. So you'll be back at where you started

The only thing you will need is spektrum type connectors .... Even if its a servo type connector you can solder the spektrum connector to it

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Nice! That's good!

Does the kit come with magnets or you gotta order them?

And align sensor you using... Mind giving me a link .. Just looking at it so I can tell if you need anything else :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
The align sensor is what I use. Has far has how I know. If it pluges into the Ikon all you need to know is the pole count. You enter it in the ikon program and walla! It works! That's ll there is to it!

stokke

Nice! That's good!

Does the kit come with magnets or you gotta order them?

And align sensor you using... Mind giving me a link .. Just looking at it so I can tell if you need anything else :)

Align RCE Governor Sensor Magnets HE50H22T | eBay

The align sensor is what I use. Has far has how I know. If it pluges into the Ikon all you need to know is the pole count. You enter it in the ikon program and walla! It works! That's ll there is to it!

How do you know the pole count? What is pole count?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Your magnet is one pole. Now on a clutch bell you have two magnets in there but that is to balence the bell. One mag. goes in with the North Pole pointed up. The next mag. goes in with the South Pole facing up. The sensor only picks up the North Pole of the mag. Hence one pole. Think of it this way. On a electric motor the number of mags inside the motor is the number of poles you enter in you esc for the gov. Same thing on a nitro. With a backplate sensor you only have one pickup. Hence one pole. If you had a two cylinder motor you would enter two poles for two crank pins. So on and so forth.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are a couple of pics may be help you understand.

image.jpg
Here you can see I have a pointer pointing at the first mag. The other mag. is on the opposite side of the bell. The one mag. is north pointing up. The opposite mag. the south is pointing up.

image.jpg
Here you can see the sensor and the one mag. Has the mag. with the North Pole comes around, the sensor picks it up. When the mag. with the South Pole comes around, the sensor can't pick it up. One again, one pole.

image.jpg

image.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
So yes y'all need to do that.

SAM PS: if you haven't done this, please do this now ... The align sensor wires go

signal positive negative

Ikon pin out on the governor port is

signal negative positive

And here is the pin out

sagypu4y.jpg

So y'all will just need to take a wire out of the jst plug and re wire that .... Easy but very important

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
The gov is working the way it's hooked up GABA.

Did you fly it yet?

If your governor is giving you bogus readings then its not working. It should stay at zero and then spin the clutch bell fast and you should see some definite rpm in there

The way the align sensor is ... IT WILL NOT work.

stokke

So the black and red wires has to change places?

Thank you both for the pictures and explanations :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
So the black and red wires has to change places?

Thank you both for the pictures and explanations :D

I forget which way is up.. but yes to match the pin out, you will have to. As far as I know, and even the one I am using on my nitro bird and my electric bird, the standard pin out (what align sensor has) didnt work and then i checked the pin outs.. and went DUHHHHH! :D :p

Top Bottom