newbie from scotland

hi would like to say hi to everyone, i have a skyartec ninja 400 and have had lots of troubles with the set up watched tony's vid on spektrum dx6i was wondering if i could link one of them up to the ninja as i need to try and tame it down abit to learn

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Welcome to the site Davie! We are glad you stopped by to see us. I'm sure you'll be able to do something with the DX6i ... it is a very versatile Tx, that's for sure. If you post your technical questions up in the Transmitter section, I'm sure it will get answered very quickly!

Lee

Hi Davie. Welcome to the forum from another Scotsman. Born in Balloch Loch Lomond but be away from home for a very long time now.
Is the radio that came with it none programable? If you swap out the RX for a spektrum one then you can use the DX6I.

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Glad you could join up Davie. As long as the helicopter doesn't have a built in rx, you should be able to put a DX6i on it. If your radio is a computer radio, you should be able to do some expo and dual rates to tame it down. If not, you will have to purchase one that is programmable. Like the DX6i.

We will help you out in any way possible no matter what you try. That is what we are here for. Just let us know. Also, it would help if you posted a link to the heli you have now. It would help me anyway lmao. Just let us know how we can help.

Hi Davie. Welcome to the forum from another Scotsman. Born in Balloch Loch Lomond but be away from home for a very long time now.
Is the radio that came with it none programable? If you swap out the RX for a spektrum one then you can use the DX6I.

thanks for the warm welcome lee. am origanaly from coatbridge but in fife now. as to the radio being a programable one yes it is but dont know how to set it up i totaly mucked it up the other night and had my throttle and pitch on the right going left to right and on the left had eileron left and right and tail up and down. JUST ABOUT WRECKED HELI LOLwhen srarted it up.then got all stressed out because i did not know what i had done,, but got it fixed after about 2 hours on the computer. so thats why i was wondering about the DX6I after seeing tony set it all up

thanks tony have watched your vids very helpfull. you go into things very well and indepth looking forward to all your help. I have started my heli trainging of with a carson tyrann mini coaxial then have moved to the ninja 400 collective pitch lol

Tony

Staff member
If you have to hook the Tx up to a computer (T6Config), then it's not a computer radio. what I mean by 'computer Tx' is you can make all adjustments on the Tx it's self. No computer needed.

Either way, I think you will be quite happy with a DX6i. I love mine even though I dont have a chance to fly much anymore. The only way I would get rid of my DX6i, is if I got a DX7 or DX8. I'm a spektrum customer for life. I don't car what others are saying about the recalls. It's a piece of electronics and there will be issues. One thing Horizon does is they fix their issues. The recalls that have come out are handled quickly and correctly.

Just informing you of things lmao. You won't regret getting the 6i if you do. And I can better help you when you do get it.

Ye sorry tony thats why i want to get a 6i when i seen you full set up vid thought to myself that would be good and i could lower all the setting to learn to fly ,I can hover it really well but when it starts to go forward and from side to side i cant control it lol and have to land it again very frustrating lol

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I understand 100% man. However, a ccpm helicopter will always be pretty hard to fly. Think of it like this (this is the best way I can find to put it and what I tell people). Think of the helicopter as if it were a marble sitting on a sheet of glass. You have two knobs, one on the right, and one on the left. One is aileron, one is elevator. If you make the marble (heli) move forward, you will have to pull back to make it stop rolling. But if you pull back too far, it will start going backwards and you have to correct with forward motion.

It can get very confusing to explain, but that is the basic principal of how they work. Every input need a counter input to stop the first input. Of course you also have the collective and rudder to worry about as well that are not included in the above explanation lol. But, after some time of playing on the sim, and getting out and doing it in your front yard, one day everything will just 'click' and you will have it. When that day comes, enjoy it for a month or so, get better at FF and FFF, then if you wish, start pushing yourself to do other things like loops, rolls, inverted hovering, or full on 3D if that's something you want to do.

No matter what way you go, we will be here to help you every step of the way. I'm no 3D pilot, but there is a member on here (a couple actually) that are very good at what they do. Jamie is one of the best I have seen, and I'm sure once you get to the 3D level, he can point you in the right direction. Lee is another that is great on the sticks. He started about the same time as I did in flying, but has passed me up a long time ago. Maybe it's because I can't fly much, but dude has skillz on the sticks. Both of them.

Just let us know what we can help with, and we will answer.

welcome to our family davi. Glad that you came here, because what ever question you have WILL be answered by someone.The ppl are the greatest.Please dont desitate to ask questions

Tony, i think you were being nice when you were talking about how good jamie and lee is.Those two are like "gods" haha when it comes to 3d flying.Jamie and lee...if you are reading this dont let the god thing get to your head hahahahaha

welcome to our family davi. Glad that you came here, because what ever question you have WILL be answered by someone.The ppl are the greatest.Please dont desitate to ask questions

thanks for the welcome Gord hope to spk soon m8, The same with me but never had time to do anything about it i used to race pro slot cars but got to much money to keep up the to level of up keep and upgrades

Lee

Davie, Cheapest place for DX6I in the UK is Kingslynn Models. Got mine from there and if i was there now, i would be buying my new DX8 from them too.

Squizzy

Welcome Davie. Best of luck with your radio issues.

Everyone's been great at offering helpful advice to me, so I'm sure it'll be same towards you.

Cheers,
Squiz

Parkflyer

hi would like to say hi to everyone, i have a skyartec ninja 400 and have had lots of troubles with the set up watched tony's vid on spektrum dx6i was wondering if i could link one of them up to the ninja as i need to try and tame it down abit to learn

:wavey:

Hi Davie from another Brit! and another "Newbie"..... welcome to what I consider the friendliest and most informative forums on the web. Im located far South near Worthing West Sussex. Enjoy!...

ye lee looked at Kingslynn Models but the were more expensive got mine 10 pound cheaper £125 they were £136 delivered m8 but thanks anyway for your help

Top Bottom