Quad Newbee quad copter building. HELP!!

Tony

Staff member
I keep reading you post "3 plugs", which is why I was asking. You will have 4 plugs on the quad and if you have switching BEC's in your ESC's, then only one of the ESC's needs to supply power to the control board. You can simply remove the red wire from the other 3. In fact, you can do that to any of them. But again, you will have 4 plugs. I was just a little confused with you saying 3.

kratata

Haha good to know. Is their a name for the "bunch of 3 esc cables"? or will I be stuck with bunches of 3 esc cables forever.

Tony

Staff member
The wire I have always referred to as the servo wire. I know it's on an esc and not a servo, but that is what I have always called it.

Lee

This is what I refer the wires on an ESC as.

Three thick wires > motor wires (can be plugged in, in any order. Changing two will reverse the motor direction)
Two thick wires > battery wires (red + and black -)
Three thin wires > receiver wires (Brown -, Red +, yellow/orange Signal.) Red and brown are the BEC cables (Battery Eliminator Circuit) to provide power to the RX.

kratata

Thanks guys! I will no longer be stuck with "bunches of 3 ESC cables"and know the names for the other ones to. Helps a lot.

kratata

0706151345.jpg I finally got around to working on the quad. I noticed that the screws are not in the same place on the arms of the frame. Is this a problem or can I leave it alone? Cause the little washer at the bottom of the motor is perfectly aligned with the hole in the arm. Also the frame was $80:00 so I don't think that's the problem.

0706151345.jpg

kratata

Did I just ruin this naze32 board?IMG_20161102_163449.jpg If you look closely, you'll see some indents that the solder went over. I don't think I can solder this

IMG_20161102_163449.jpg

SIXFOOTER

Looks like you may have gotten a little happy with the solder. Clip it off and keep going, doesn't look like it got to the other pin

kratata

I went out and bought some new soldering equipment. I think it should be fine. I'm so close to finishing! But I am confused with the wiring. IMG_20161103_205315.jpg I thought all the ESC wires plugged into the receiver. But with the setup tutorial I'm following it says to plug them all in to the naze32 board as shown in the picture. Are the wires that are in the receiver in the picture all I need to be plugged into the receiver? What are all those extra single wires for? Is the wire that's currently in the receiver in the right spot?

IMG_20161103_205315.jpg

SIXFOOTER

The Rx wires plug into the Naz, the ESCs plug into the Naz but you may need to cut the red wire on all but 1 ESC.
You need all the Rx wires plugged in: Thr, Ail, Rud etc...

Top Bottom