Quad Newbee quad copter building. HELP!!

kratata

Okie dokie. From a post I saw a guy left his house while charging lipos and came back with firefighters at his house 0_o. Okay I understand how to balance the motors and propellers but I don't understand the motor shaft and propeller hub hole sizes. Does the hub hole and motor shaft have to be the same size or one bigger than the other? The motors i'm gonna get have a 3mm shaft, and the gemfan propellers have a 5mm hub hole. Will the propellers hub holes fit on the motor shafts perfectly? I don't wanna have to drill the hole bigger or buy special adapters. Thanks again!!

Tony

Staff member
The props should come with adapters for different size shafts. They are just round plugs you put in the prop that fit tight in the prop and fit tight on the shaft. this will center them on the shaft.

kratata

So just to verify, those things on the top are the round plug adapters that will fit the 5mm propeller hub hole on the 3mm motor shaft, right? emax motor.jpg

emax motor.jpg

Tony

Staff member
No, those are what's called "Prop Nuts". That is what holds the prop onto the motor. When you order the props, it should have a separate tree with little rings on it. those rings are what you will use to size the prop to the shaft.

Tony

Staff member
The things that Rc'ers will use never ceases to amaze me lmao. And as long as they are secured well, you can use them. I have seem people use a battery right in the center of the quad and land right on it. PLus side, no landing gear to catch on the grass when flying fast and low, negatives, could easily damage the battery and start a fire. But yes, you could use them if you can find a way to secure them. ,

kratata

Never mind I found landing gear that will work. Any pointers like keep your beeper as far from the compass as possible?

Tony

Staff member
Just take your time in setting up the controller and take it slow on the first lift off. Get a feel for it before you go flying around.

kratata

Will do. I'll most likely be back with more nooby questions :) But in return I'll show you guys my first test flight (a crash)

Stambo

Mobius is not a good option for FPV camera due to the slight lag issue.
I use 2 cameras, one for FPV and a Mobius to record the flight.
The lag may not seem such a big deal at less than 200 ms but with most miniquads, proximity flying is the intention.
Most of these things are easily capable of 60kmh, at that speed you will cover over 3 meters in 200ms.
In other words, you have hit the tree 3m ahead of where you think you are before you even see it. :)
Fatshark predator 250mw kit is probably a good starter.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/..._FPV_Headset_System_w_Camera_and_5_8G_TX.html

kratata

I was actually looking at that when you replied :p I think I'll go with it. Is anyone experienced with the set? Have any problems with it?

kratata

I have now become confused with ESC wiring. ztw-12a-esc-simonk.jpg Please correct me if my understanding is wrong. So the 3 black wires next to each other on the picture above all go to the motor. The big black and red wire (opposite from three black wires) go to the battery. And the small yellow, red, and brown wires go to the receiver. The receiver is what came with my transmitter: http://www.myrcmart.com/images/upload/Fly-Sky-FS-CT6B-R6B-2-4GHz-6CH-Receiver-01.jpg and the yellow, red, and brown wires go on the BAT pins on the receiver. The grey/red cable on the receiver is the antenna so you don't try to plug anything into it. Am I getting this wrong? Please inform me of any mistakes.

ztw-12a-esc-simonk.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Yup, the 3 black wires all go to the motor. If the motor is spinning backwards, just reverse any two of them.

The large red and black wires go to the battery or power distribution board.

Adn the 3 wires that are together go into the port on the flight controller for the given motor that the ESC is running, not the battery port. You should be able to power the Rx in any port of the Rx, not just the battery port. Hope that makes sense.

kratata

Okay, am I supposed to plug the bunches of 3 ESC cables into the motor pins or channel pins on the flip32 board:14344b7ed01cb324.jpg or the receiver?:peka.jpg I know I use the bunches of ESC cables on the receiver for binding but where do I keep all the bunches of ESC cables plugged in for flying? The receiver, motor pins, or channel pins for normal flying?

14344b7ed01cb324.jpg

peka.jpg

murankar

Staff member
Motors go to the flight controller and then the flight controller goes to the RX.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom