Spektrum New Transmitter

MurryB

GOPR0027 - YouTube

This was the first flight on the 7210 RX did not have a happy ending. Didn't mess it up to bad broke a blade, bent a linkage and pop some balls out of the head. I got dumb thumbs at the last of the flight.

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
You was doing very well MurryB till the end. It happens to all of us sooner or later :(. What are your settings on the TX? Seem to me that your heli was bouncing up and down with a little authority when hovering. That's why I'm asking. I have mine set @ N=46/48/50/75/100
1= 70/70/70/70/70
2= 80/80/80/80/80

MurryB

well I think that jumping up&down was me and the wind. I went hands off just before I made the turn to go to the end of the yard and it was solid. My settings are N = 0 25 50 75 100. I have order parts so maybe they will be here before to long. Believe it or not that was the longest flight I've made with the 500. I don't have a lot confidence in my heli work. But can fly the heck out of a sim. Thanks for your Comments D.O.G.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That's awesome flight, if that's the longest flight you had. Practice, practice and more practice and you'll get the hang of it. Don't give up. Next time you fly, just for shit & giggles, try the settings I have. You'll feel the difference. Tony's recommends these setting for take off and it seem to work for me :). Thanks for sharing your video.

MurryB

Thanks D.O.G. for the help I will give it a try. I see you are from florida I love it down there. We went to Pensiacola 2 weeks ago. Went to nas showed wife were I lived and worked. What part of Florida is your town?

murankar

Staff member
I really don't need the extra channels. Yes it's nice to have but it's just extra switches for me to break :yikes:
Yeah more to break. At least on Specktrum the switches are way cheaper. The Vcontrol switches are $20 a pop and i have 2 to fix.

MurryB

Hey you guys can the blade holders on a fly bar head be swapped out to fit a FLB head. Reason I am asking is one of the ball links on one of my blade holders broke and left a peice in the arm and i can't get it out.

Admiral

There is no blanket Yes or No, there a too many variables, depends on Feathering shaft diameter and length, arm shape etc, I have done it with Tarot grips as they use the similar grips on both FB & FBL, but always change both grips.

MurryB

Thanks Admiral maybe i can get some more replies and then I can do accordingly. I think I am going to have to get another head.

MurryB

Well I was right had to get another head one of the balls on swashplate was broken and can't get out.

Top Bottom