Trucks New Tires and Wheels

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:evil::evil::evil:

Well, I've got my new big joe tires and wheels mounted today along with my new chevrons and wheels. Man they are HOT!!! Can't wait to see them out on the grass! Need to wait
overnight for the glue to dry!

Hear the are!

big joe wheels.jpgbig joes one tire bigger.jpgjoes compaired to stock.jpgnew chevrons.jpgnew tires and wheels chevrons.jpg

big joe wheels.jpg

big joes one tire bigger.jpg

joes compaired to stock.jpg

new chevrons.jpg

new tires and wheels chevrons.jpg

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Those are pimpin' for sure Sam. :):) She is gonna look good at the track. LOoooking forward to the videos.

Adam

Pimpin is right man. That thing looks great sam. I took mine out to the farm and sandpit on sunday and had a blast til my buddy brought his electric tmaxx without me seeing and well they are both fm and ya took control of my truck and then chaos lol. didnt break anything. but after that i too some jumps we had built in the sand and bam steering servo stopped working. called lhs $40 dollar minimum ebay $15 shipped 2055 high torqued servo so now just waiting it is out of chicago so probably tues or wed.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Pimpin is right man. That thing looks great sam. I took mine out to the farm and sandpit on sunday and had a blast til my buddy brought his electric tmaxx without me seeing and well they are both fm and ya took control of my truck and then chaos lol. didnt break anything. but after that i too some jumps we had built in the sand and bam steering servo stopped working. called lhs $40 dollar minimum ebay $15 shipped 2055 high torqued servo so now just waiting it is out of chicago so probably tues or wed.

What happened to the servo? Just out plying with mine and I had a retainer clip come out of the suspension. The pin worked its way out and jammed my steering all the way to the left. It was easy to fix though. Get to stop at the lhs for some new retainers! Lol

Adam

The steering servo just stopped working, all it does is buzz i took it apart all gears were good so i assume the electronics were fryed lol. And i have taken the ez start off and cleaned the shaft and one way bearing twice now lol. But i think the second time fixed the problem for now. I love that truck now that i know what i am doing lol

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
How much for the big joe set-up with rims? just curious, and what alterations need to be done? how does it affect handling and such?? thanks

I haven't had the bg joes on the truck yet. You can go with the pre mounts. They come with black teck 5 wheels for about $70.00. I'm not much for black wheels myself. So I elected to go with chrome wheels. I've got close to $80.00 in mine. I would upgrade the axle carriers to the rpm carriers. They are a little more stout with bigger bearings. They can handle the extra stress put on by the bigger wider tires. Also if you run off set wheels they are highly recommend. I may or may not have to upgrade the steering servo. Some say yes. Some say nay! Lol. And you have to change the gear ratio. A 62t spur gear is what I went with. Stock gear on mine was a 58t. Bigger wider tires will be doggie if you don't do the spur gear!

Drew34

thanks for the info. i totally understand now. Do you think they will absorb a little more shock and also i suppose harder to tip with the wider stance. lol i guess time will tell, let us know what u think of them, i might be interested at some point in an upgrade such as this as my used maxx has two tires coming unglued and this is before i have even run it. grr. always with the issues.lol. well my glow plugs and igniter on the way one step at a time.

ps. my lhs is 100 miles away, so i have to patiently wait on ebay yaaaaaa

Tony

Staff member
You also could have went smaller on the clutch bell as well. One tooth on the clutch equals almost 10 on the spur. They look great. Now get out of that truck and get us some video hehe.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You also could have went smaller on the clutch bell as well. One tooth on the clutch equals almost 10 on the spur. They look great. Now get out of that truck and get us some video hehe.

Allready have some shot! Lol then the rx battery died! I had no one to shoot film yesterday! Don't worry it will come! Right now I have the new chevrons on. It slides through the corners with them on. You actually have to slow down to make a sharp turn. Lol I'll get some shots with these first. Then I have to put the 14 mm hubs back on for the joes. I've got the feeling I'll be running the chevrons most of the time. The all terrain tires dig in going around the corners. I think Most of my flipping over problems! While the chevrons are made for going straight, not cornering.

Tony

Staff member
With the wider stance and taller tires, you can lower the truck just a touch and it will handle much better in the corners even with more bite out of the tires. Lower CoG and wider stance will help out a lot in this area.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
With the wider stance and taller tires, you can lower the truck just a touch and it will handle much better in the corners even with more bite out of the tires. Lower CoG and wider stance will help out a lot in this area.

I've got the suspension straight across now. We are going to build a couple of jump ramps. I might have to raise the rear a bit for that. I do not have more than a couple of inches now from the wheelle wheels to the ground now. Believe me it's a lot better now with the chevrons. I can pretty much floor it around a corner. What I did noteist is the inside front tire is off the ground by about an inch? I'm puzzled has to how to fix that! Except maybe lay the front shocks down all the way.

Ps, I've got the camber set at 3 degrees. Bought the rpm monster truck gauge. That was there setting for off road use. On road use was 1 degree on the rear ans 3 on the front. Also came with directions to use the gauge to set toe in.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
To stop the raising of the front inside wheel, you need to stiffen up the rear suspension. All of the weight in the turns when under throttle is going to the rear outside wheel. And with the rear being heavier than the front, it would be a good idea to put stronger springs back there. But, build the ramps and see how it jumps first. If it's bottoming out, then heavier shock oil may fix your issue, or put the 1 hole pistons in there. The ride will still be level, but the rear will not compress as fast as the fronts. Crap, now I need to get another truck to do advanced suspension setups hahaha. But if all goes well, I will be ordering a crate of them for the store. Fat chance, but it would be cool.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Order them man I'm sure they will sell! Lol. Stiffer springs, heavier oil, and one hole pistons. Hmmmm

Tony

Staff member
If I do it, I will more than likely drop ship them from the manufacturer. That is if I do it at all. I need to get a couple of them for quality testing first.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Man everyone is making money off the net. You might has well make some too! If I was a little more savy I would figure out a way to make money too! Quit pounding up and down the interstate everyday till I'll need a wheel charge to get around! Lol

Top Bottom