Other new taranis

hawk-i

ok I set my heli up using the eccp mode in templates on screen 13 on the radio and got all my servos moving the right direction but am having a problem getting the gyro to work at all. Heli spins and when I move tail left or right I get no gyro correction. I tried using the model setup in the computer using futaba setup cause I'm running spectrum r but all my servos were wrong and it seems worse than using eccpm mode. Murankar if you could post those setting you have it may help. I'm kind of lost right now.

hawk-i

I think your setup was for fbl and mine is flybarred and it's different. Anyway I installed the latest version 2.012 over 1.52 and lost the # 13 screen. The one with clear mix screen. Should I be concerned? I think I can do about everything in companion 9x but am still having trouble setting up a 6 channel flybar heli and it seems like every video I see is about setting up fixed wing.

murankar

Staff member
Yeah mine was fbl but there is not much difference in the setup. You would need to switch to 120 degree swash and set the collective channel to channel 6. Your collective curves should be set to channel 6 in the mix menu. ohter than that you should be set.

hawk-i

What about the version I'm running. Is it for the more advanced seeing as how it drops the last screen on model setup. I don't need it to be any harder than need be. Do you think I should go back to the version that the radio came with or would it matter? I'm not that computer savvy.

murankar

Staff member
Stick with the stock Taranis firmware. Their version is optimized for their radio. The templates will speed up the programing of a heli. You would need sticky throttle hold, heli setup and gyro setup.

then you will need to go and move the output channels to there proper inputs on the mixes. Ch 1 aileron, Ch 2 ele, ch 3 throttle mixes and t-hold, ch4 rudder, ch 5 tail gain and ch 6 collective mixes.

then you will need to set your curves. Curves 1-3 would be throttle and 4-6 can be pitch. Set your D/R and Expo. Westy has a you tube channel that has the complete setup of a flybar heli. His channel is how to west style!. He does the whole setup on the computer and transfers the file when he is done.

hawk-i

Hi guys again, too late to stick with the oe firmware. done updated to 2.0.12.lol didn't know I would lose my templates. They didn't work very well anyway. The issue I'm concerned with is that when I add a mix to a channel that already has I mix in it even with it weighted at 100 I still don't get 100% throw from the servo. When I add a mix I put it in as add after and leave the multpx in add mode. Is that right? There is also a difference with the thr,ele,ail and so on setting. now there seem to be 2 complete different sets. one standard and one with an I in front of it. could anyone shed some light on that/

murankar

Staff member
first off revert back to the stock firmware. That will help greatly in setting up the radio.

Second: the templates (while not accurate setup) do very well at starting the setup process. Yes you will need to move the mixes around but it will a lot easier till you learn the firmware.

Third: this sounds like your trying to get your collective setup, is this right?

Currently I am at work and can not give any definite answers yet. I would have to look at my radio to see what your talking about.

One more thing. Make sure you program a sticky throttle hold on channel three. You will need to look at my file to do that. You will need to look at the custom switches tab along with the mixes tab to do it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

hawk-i

Yeah I tried to revert back to my old firmware but when I load it I think it was version 1.52 revision 2381 using companion 9x my radio wont even come on. Can a sticky throttle be installed manually? And yes I am trying to get my collective set up with my servos going the right direction.

murankar

Staff member
Sticky throttle cut can be dine manually. You will need to look at my X3 profile to do it. It not overly complicated to do just complicated to understand.

One way to change servo direction is in the mixes screen. Where you would put 100% weight, just change that to -100% weight and you should be good.

On the first setup screen there are three check box's for servo reverse. I have not been successful at getting that to work.

hawk-i

yeah I tried those box's also and didn't get anywhere. do you think I'm stuck with this version of the firmware and can't go back?

murankar

Staff member
No its a matter if getting the file from taranis. They should have the file in there site. The taranis firmware is a fork off of opentx. Basically taranis started with opentx and made it theirs.

hawk-i

Well it took me forever to get it done but I got one of my flybarred 450 clones off the ground and am flying with the Taranis. I really like this radio even tho I guess it's not really for noobs. I still don't fly 3d so I only set up one flight mode. But I like the way that everything is changeable if you don't like the way its set up.

murankar

Staff member
congrats. The nice thing is that your learning the radio as your first radio. Anyhow its a matter of playing with the firmware. You'll get used to it.

hawk-i

Yeah it was nice out today just a bit windy so I got to fly a bit . I see there is an update from 2.012 to 2.013 has anyone downloaded it and if so is it much different?

murankar

Staff member
I have not messed with my radio in some time now. Been grounded due to a bad servo. Before I do my new model setup for a new gyro I will check for updates. I am about 2 or three updates behind on er9x so I cant answer that one.

Top Bottom