Flight Controllers New Open Pilot CC3D board

Lee

Thanks to the guys at Open pilot, I have a new CC3D board to try out on my QAV500. It just arrived fro AUS in the post this morning, so i'll be setting it up today. :D

attachment.php

100_3154.jpg

Lee

No GPS. I won't get that until i have the REVO unit with all the RTH feature etc..

wolfman76

oh wow when did they release it lee did'nt hear nuthin bout it?? seems like all the good quad control boards are from aus. is where i got my vr4 multiwiicopter paris board from

Last edited:

Lee

This one the CC3D is out since Nov. The REVO is due out later this year.

Tony

Staff member
I'm so going to change your user title lmao. Need to find something fitting and not too wordy though. You are the Quad King around here.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Ya I'm just wondering if its a different version. If you remember Lee got that board free. I thought at the time it might be an experimental board.

- - - Updated - - -

Also wondering if they have come out with the GPS yet or not.

Lee

The GPS is really for the Revo board not the CC3D. I like the white look on the FPV manuals version. I was flying mine today through the tress again. Love it

Tasajara

Nice video btw... I like the low flying it looks very cool... I just have not had enough flight time to solom the trees yet... lol

Yep I noticed the GPS was with the Kickstarter Revos.... but it is still cool.... wouldn't mind trying one down the road..
May ask a few questions on the CC3D if I get stuck... I know it will be a new learning curve being I have never tuned one yet..

Last edited:

Lee

Thanks Craig,
The board is super easy to set up. The directions are step by step set up from start to flying. Just do what it says on the tin. :D But just shout if you need help.

wolfman76

Sound good i got the GPS on my Paris multiwii just haven't had chance to connect it and set it up yet it looks like the Openpilot ones but Lil smaller

Tasajara

Well got my CC3D, and it is not working for me at all.
It will not calibrate, no matter what I do.
Hooked it all up Did the firmware update it requested in the GCS.
Went through and picked all the right settings. Went to calibrate my TX and it want see it all the time.
Some time it see just 3ch on a 7ch rx and other times it shows no connection at all between the board and TX. I even tried different RcvrPort settings, but nothing works.
The one time I did get it to seem to Cal. it would not let me set the arming setting.
I tried it with Futaba 10C 2.4gHz and a 9C converted to UHF with EzUHF.
Both transmitters work fine when I calibrate my MultiWii boards with my computer.
I guess it may be a bad board or it want work with my equipment.
Kinda wish I didn't buy it now. Sent Tim an email...after 5 days he got back with me
and he said "This sounds like an issue with the signal coming from your RC RX. I would look at that." at that point I replied and told I tried both Transmitters.
I have not heard back yet.

This sucks... the one time I decide to try the CC3D board it want work for nothing...

Lee

That sucks Craig. All i can say is I bought my original CC board two years ago, and when i thought something was wrong with it in Jan. , OP sent me for free a new CC3D board, even though the original turned out to not be the issue (I think, still testing)
Tim will sort you out i'm sure if it turns out to be faulty. Have you tried different USB cables? Are you using PWM or PCM?

Tasajara

yeah I tried all different settings and also tried a different cable.I tried both PWM and PCM just to see if I could get anything to work but no luck.

Tasajara

Well this is getting close to two weeks and no resolve with this board. The customer support is not looking to good at this point.
I had a bad Naza one time, made one call had my RMA and it was on the way to be replaced with a new one.
No such luck with GetFPV.com I have sent 2 more emails, but no reply at this point. I will give them a few more days
then I may have to go a different route to get this resolved.

Top Bottom