700 NEW Hobby King "Assault 700 DFC Electric Flybarless 3D Helicopter Kit"

xokia

Re: NEW Hobby King "Assault 700 DFC Electric Flybarless 3D Helicopter Kit"

Darn 200 ish $ for a 700. You'll have more invested in a battery pack for the bird,
Keep in mind that is essentially just an airframe. Doesn't even include main blades.
By the time you are done you would be around $1000.

Tony

Staff member
If you have something to write, then write it here on this forum instead of linking to another forum.

utrinquep

If you have something to write, then write it here on this forum instead of linking to another forum.

Dear Tony, thank you for not deleting this link. I do appreciate.

I am sorry it will not happen again I promise. I have gathered some information on Gartt GT700 DFC (Assault 700). I just wanted to share. There are discussions going on regarding this kit. I am curious who is right... bashers or defenders? You can count me as a defender... I can be totally wrong. We shall see quite soon I suppose.

Again thank you for your forbearance.

Graham Lawrie

The videos and Gartt website are saying otherwise??? I for 1 am on the fence. Having been involved in the Align 150 QC issues, until I see more....no comment:)

murankar

Staff member
Re: NEW Hobby King "Assault 700 DFC Electric Flybarless 3D Helicopter Kit"

I would love to see an unbiased review on this kit, which will be near impossible to do. You will have the Haters and Lovers of Hobby king going at it. When put into perspective as to how inexpensive this kit is my Protos 450 as it sits with out batteries and charger in near $900. Throw in the batteries and charger and you right at or just over $1000. So I for one would not want to risk safety of others at the hands of a $200 700 sized heli. I mostly fear a mechanical failure over electrical, unless you use Hobby King electrics then I would fear that also. This is one area I think this company needs to leave well enough alone.

When it comes to a 700 sized heli you are not just getting into the hobby when you start looking at this class bird. Most pilots that are going to fly this size heli know what they want in a heli and I dont think the Assault 700 fills that want. When you have kits like the Align 700E/N DFC, Blade 700X, Compass 7HV, Chaos just to name the more common ones out side of S.A.B Heli Division. For price I would consider the Blade 700X over the Assault 700.

Last edited:

iceyo

I think that a fair review of this kit also would be impossible to get. The people which are good enough to fly a 700 would tend to go for more high end brands i.e Align , Compass , SAB and so on. And i guess the QC is better on these brands than HobbyKing..

I myself have a HK500 TT FBL , and i haven't flown that heli yet because of serious cyclic issues. It's almost impossible to set it up correct.

But i'm also keen to se a fair non-biased review , but i fear that the "pro's" will hate just because its sold from Hobbyking..

Top Bottom