new here but not to flying

thundermoon

hello i started flying with a super cub and enoyed it but wanted more control so decided to try my first store bought plane so to speak. my brother ended up buying me a used f4u corsair dont remember the brand but it is carried at hobby town. i ended up crashing it hard and compleatly demolished it. so now i am going to start scratch building my planes. i did make a pizza box plane for my 9 year old daughter to try to fly. i will see about gtting some pics of it up soon. it is made out of blue core foam board from lowes.hope to hear from you all soon.

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Thanks for signing up on the forum.

The F4U is one of the hardest planes to fly because of the gull wing and the high wing loading. It will stall in a turn if you are not careful but I'm sure you know that now lol.

Scratch building is a lot of fun and is very rewarding in the end when you put it in the air. I have a Telemaster that I have been building for about two years now lmao. I will finish it some day.

What plane are you wanting to scratch build? Are you only wanting to do it out of foam core or foam board, or are you wanting to do it out of balsa and monokote? Either way, we can help you out on here.

Thanks again for signing up. If you have any questions, just ask and we shall respond. And yes, we love pictures and flight videos.

BOKI

Hi thundermoon; Welcome to the site you will get alot of help here just ask! BOKI THE BEST 1:42 AM SATURDAY ILLINOIS TIME! :thumbsup:

thundermoon

thank you all for your warm welcom. to answer a couple questions that stand out. about the pics i crashed the pizza box as i called it and broke the stabalizer off but will get a pic of the result soon.. right now i am going to build in foam both a foam borad and the blue core foam. but eventualy once i get to know flying better i do hope to build a large balsa and skin plane.

BOKI

Hi thunder moon; Sounds like we all have crashes here & there but some day we will hope have less of them & more In The Air Time! Don't have any Planes but some day when money allows I hope to though! Have a brother years ago use to scratch build all kinds of nice Balsa Wood Planes! He was really good making & flying planes! Wish You the Best In YOUR BUILDS! Also in FLYING THEM! Talk to You again Soon! BOKI 5:48 PM SATURDAY ILLINOIS TIME ! SAFE FLYING THE BEST!!! :lol: :twothumbsup:

Lee

Its amazing what you can actually make fly, as long as you get the Cog right .Good job

thundermoon

yes the one i based this off of was made from the plastic sign bord that is pretty much a plastic card board. i made this one from blue foam for my daughter. am working on building the BABY BLENDER foam bord scratch built from test flight. i will get pics up for you guys soon. i am also working on the delta wing scratch build of theres for her to fly now.

thundermoon

just tryed to pain my version of the baby blender and aparently the spray paint causes the paper layer of the foam board to peel of or bubble hope it does not mess with flight too much but going to try to rebuild it nd fiigure out another way to paint/color the plane.

thundermoon

Well here are the pics of the baby blender bi plane i just finished. not got a chance to fly it yt weather has been wet and windy.

IMG-20121216-00107.jpgIMG-20121216-00108.jpgIMG-20121216-00109.jpg

IMG-20121216-00107.jpg

IMG-20121216-00108.jpg

IMG-20121216-00109.jpg

Top Bottom