General New Findings on the Align 3GX 3.0 upgrade..

xokia

on my TX? All my Radio settings are 0 trims, 0 sub trims and 100% on all my limits. and all DR are 100% on all channels and all Expo are 0% on all channels (as happens with a new model config).
Yes this is what I was referring to. Which remote are you using? My elevator and aileron travel limits are 67 & 70. I barely had to adjust those gains off of the 12`oclock position to reach 105. Yours is probably completely fine I'm just mentioning it because I made this mistake when I did mine and my travel limits were low like yours. Which is what the key indicator for me was that something wasnt right. Then I realized my elevator and aileron D/Rs were turned down doh!!

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
mine Flies perfect..... nope ... mine is sweet as... I do not use DR at all except to speed up piro speed. One of the other guys said he had to move his heaps to get it to the right setting.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, you are going up to 125%? Remember, most people can't go over 100% on their Tx's so 100 is the max throw they can get.

louisd

Good morning . I just found this old tread . I had a 550 E v2 In a box for years now . just built it .
Comes with the 3GX v3 loaded . Having issues with tail wag . i had a reset in mid flight !!!! .

I could use some recommendations .
I will look at your videos .
Where should i start with this thing .
My set up is stock .
Should the esc get a re vamp ?

I have the 3GX with a AR8000 . = yes I had a Reset in flight . Lost the tail but saved it . Should I just trash the 3GX .
Should I just to sats with it .

Please any help with set up

Thu

Louis

Tony

Staff member
I would definitely use satellites only, however, make sure you have a 7+ channel Tx as your gyro will go to channel 7 with sats only. The 3GX is the only gyro that I know of that does this. Seeing as you have an AR8000, I suspect you have 8 channels.

As for recommendations, upgrade your gyro... Seriously. Even the knock off MicroBeast clones are better than the 3GX. You will have nothing but issues with it. Below is the gyro I'm speaking about...

As for what the "grip mod" is, I have no idea. Never heard of it.

And please, next time create your own thread rather than bumping a 7 year old thread. Thanks :D

louisd

Well sorry to bring up old things like this .
I did have a brown out as it is now ,
I will try your set ups .
I would like to order this knock off unit . Have you heard good things about this one ? Is the typical set up the same as the mini-micro beast . The price is right . I`m not holing much funds .

I thank you in advance for the reply .
The tail grip mode is one thing you mentioned above on a trex tail grip ... Not sure what that is

Thu

Lou

Tony

Staff member
Yes, I have flown the one I linked and it works quite well. And the setup is exactly like the MicroBeast.

louisd

Ok Thu I will order
Was looking at specs. Can I set up on screen or on unit only
Can I use instructions from the microbeast x
They say pots are different what does that mean.
Thu Lou

Admiral

I'm with Tony the TGZ 380 works well as do several other Gyros around that time, even the Turnigy 3D-H all of which were BeastX clones.

The only MOD I know of was the 450 Tail Grip mod which referred to the T-Rex 450 Pro having the tail grips reversed and the slider traveling the wrong direction it was in the 3GX 2.1 manual. Another tail MOD at the time was the Chinese weights.

Top Bottom