450 New Blades

Dirk

I got myself a new set of main rotor blades. I ordered the original Align 3G blades but my LHS did not have stock. They suggested I try Rail 326 blades on my 450.
I bolted them on and was quite impressed by their crispness. I had to turn down my elevator gain on my 3GX because I got some nodding with the Rail blades. I also noticed that when flying in IU 1 I have a vibration (resonance?)on the right landing skid up front. It never did this on the Align blades though. Could it be blade balance? Rail claims that their blades are perfectly balanced and matched. Makes me wonder. :dejection:

Dirk

119.jpg

I decided to balance my Align blades first. Amazing how much their balance was out! Now I still have to do my Rail blades.

119.jpg

Dirk

120.jpg
Did the rail blades as well. .The two blades had exactly the same CG. I only had to add a small piece of tape on the one blade to balance them.

120.jpg

Slobberdog

the amount of force and stress that goes through a main blade, they would not go anywhere near my 450 thats for sure.

murankar

Staff member
A 450 is not an mcpx. Wood, glass fiber or carbon fiber is all you should be looking at. I use carbon fiber only, all though I have had glass fiber once.

concept30

Ok, I just thought i found something we all even Dirk could use that wont break as easy, I went on ebay once and found some carbon fiber on the blade it said Pro 3D those was the best blades I ever bought

danhampson

ive had a set of rail blades on my 450 they were awesome and ive got a set of 3d pro blades off ebay and they cause vibes (after cg and balance) cant get them to track. at the moment ive got a set of maverikk g5 pro to go on when i get servos for it, ill let you know how i find them once my 450 is back in the air.

danhampson

Fbl blades on a fb head are more stable from what ive read, something to do with the cg being more towards the tips.

BOKI

Dirk; I have a 450 also & I always check the balance on the blades ! I only use Aliign one's also! Hope you get them working OK !

Tony

Staff member
Dan, that is exactly right. Those that are into 3D will actually put FB blades on a FBL head because they "snap" better.

Tony

Staff member
snap as in pop, crispness, solid feel, no lag or delay. You want instantaneous movements. FBL blades are like having the weights all the way out on a FB heli whereas FB blades are like having the weights all the way in.

Dirk

I've done 8 flights with the Rail blades. I can sum them up in one word. AWESOME! I really like these Rail blades. I wanted to try the stock Align blades again after I've balanced them but have not gotten around to that yet. I was having too much fun with the Rails.

Last edited:
Top Bottom