Setups Need your advice guys

WyDiablo

The 600 TVL camera just will not work. I have tried everything I know and I still can't get a video. I have hooked up my spare camera and everything works great so I know its the camera. I guess I'll have to send it back to the company if I can. I have already sent them an e-mail telling them my problem so I will wait and see what they says. Gonna cost more to ship it back to China than the thing is worth lol.

Lee

How are you powering the camera? Its a 12V camera and the ImmersionRC RX only supplies 5V.

WyDiablo

I soldered the video wire to the video wire tht goes to the ImmersonRc connector. I soldered bullet connectors to the ground and hot wire of the camera and then plugged them into a 3S 11.1 battery.

Stambo

You will also need a ground wire from the camera to the tx if there is no common ground from your 3s to your video system.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'm thinking you need a 4s battery with a 12v regulator like my set up is to run that camera. 3s is going to run down to what, 10v. Then fully charged is going to be close to 13v. Maybe fried the camera? Have you tried hooking up a 12v battery to it and seeing what happens?

WyDiablo

So besides the ground wire for the battery I will also need a ground wire for the vtx. If so can I run a ground from the battery ground.?

- - - Updated - - -

I have only used a 11.1 volt 3S battery as of now

- - - Updated - - -

The camera is on;y 9v to 12 v

WyDiablo

Ok I made a ground for the camera and the vtx and tried again with the 3S battery no video. So I tried the same hook up with a 4S battery and no video.

Lee

Is its completely off when you plug it in? Or can you see any light at all. Have you plugged the OSD board into it to see if anything shows up?

Stambo

Need pictures dude.
Try to lay everything out so we can clearly see the wiring.

What I mean in my previous post is, as well as the video wire from camera to video tx it needs a ground wire from camera to video tx to complete the circuit.
This will be common with the battery ground.
Make sure you don't back feed live from the 3s to the tx, you will kill it.
Also check the pin diagrams, do not rely on the wire colours when you hook everything up.
So, to recap, the video wire that used to go to your old camera, (usually yellow) goes to your new camera.
The ground wire that used to go to your old camera (usually black) goes to your new camera and also to battery neg.
The power wire that used to go to your old camera goes to new camera (usually red, 5v, not much use for 12v camera) disconnect from tx, hook to 3s battery positive.
Other wires if you have them are probably audio.
Once again, check the pin diagrams, do not rely on the wire colours when you hook everything up.
The Chinese have been known to get the colours wrong. :)
I hope I haven't over simplified things, I'm just trying to be clear.

Good luck.

Lee

Here is how mine is rigged up.
Red and black go to my power source which is a 12V regulator. The signal wire goes straight to the RX plug and i have a Ground wire going from the RX plug to the ground of the 12V reg.

Photo on 22-05-2013 at 04.44.jpg

Photo on 22-05-2013 at 04.44.jpg

WyDiablo

View attachment 6467View attachment 6468
The above pictures is how mine was connected. The camera red and black wire was attached to the 3S battery. The camera yellow wire was attached to the red wire (Video) of the vtx. The GND wire was attached to the ground wire of the 3S battery. All I could see in the goggles was a white screen and that was on every channel that I selected.

Lee

In your picture it looks like the camera cable goes to the RX outputs. Only the Signal yellow cable should go to the RX. The two others red and black should go to a 12V supply, either battery or Regulator.
The RX only outputs 5V which is why the camera isn't turning on.

WyDiablo

The 5V wire from the vtx was not attached to anything. I only used the orange (Video wire) to connected to the camera (yellow) video wire. The ground wire coming out of the vtx I connected it the grd on the battery side and red wire to the red wire on the battery (3S 11.1) Starting to confuse myself now

Last edited:

WyDiablo

After I get home tonite I will make a connection drawing layout to better explain the hook ups on how the wires are run.

Stambo

In your picture it looks like the camera cable goes to the RX outputs. Only the Signal yellow cable should go to the RX. The two others red and black should go to a 12V supply, either battery or Regulator.
The RX only outputs 5V which is why the camera isn't turning on.

Not quite right Lee. When the camera has its own separate power source there needs to be 2 wires for video.
A single wire can not make a circuit.
The camera ground will need to go to the vtx as well as the battery negative.

- - - Updated - - -

The 5V wire from the vtx was not attached to anything. I only used the orange (Video wire) to connected to the camera (yellow) video wire. The ground wire coming out of the vtx I connected it the grd on the battery side and red wire to the red wire on the battery (3S 11.1) Starting to confuse myself now

Looking carefully at the picture, the orange wire at the vtx appears to be left audio channel.
In the post with the picture you say you used red vtx wire for video from camera.
Link to camera and I can draw you a diagram.

My Horyzon HD V3 camera has just arrived on the courier, I am going home to play. :)
(One advantage of being the boss)

Last edited:

WyDiablo

Ok guys here is a picture that I hope explains things better if there is such a thing.
View attachment 6469

I have disconnected everything but I put things back the way I had it hooked up last nite. The red camera wire I connected to hot wire on the battery. The brown or black camera wire I had it hooked to the Ground on the battery. The video wire I connected it to the video on the vtx. The brown and red wire on the fat shark connect I did not hook to anything. The red wire is ground and the brwon wire is 5V coming out of the fat shark connector at the vtx. And with this hook up I have no video. I know I have 2 different color wires connected but that's the color combo that come from the vtx plug. Im really confused about how Stambo says to use 2 video wires. i can see where one video wire would connect but where would I connect the second wire?
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/p...WDR-Color-Board-Camera-with-OSD-Menu-DNR.html

Last edited:

Stambo

The second vtx wire is ground. The wire marked gnd on your vtx should be spliced into the black one from the camera to the battery.
The orange wire from your vtx is audio. You appear to have this hooked to camera video.
You need to use the middle wire on your vtx plug for video (looks red to me) and hook that to your video wire (yellow) on your camera.

What is the second plug on your camera for, are you sure you are connecting to the right one?
A link to the camera you bought would really help here.

Last edited:

Lee

Not quite right Lee. When the camera has its own separate power source there needs to be 2 wires for video.
A single wire can not make a circuit.
The camera ground will need to go to the vtx as well as the battery negative.
What i ment was, there should be no positive wire or audio wires. I did mention earlier that it needed ground, and i showed that in my last picture with the explaination.
If you look at my picture WyDiablo you can see the ground wire from the TRX is joined with the camera Ground wire to the 12V power supply, which in your case, and as said by Stambo is your battery Neg lead.

Top Bottom