Chargers Need some help here

pvolcko

PL8's are great. They do have some of the best (most picky) supply power protection around. If the supply goes the slightest bit wonky mid-charge that unit will shut down the charge.

heli-maniac

Ok here is how I did the board to float it
First took it apart
Then you have to drill out the mounting lugs on the case . Then you have to drill the mounting wholes out on the board to fit your fasteners I used some Nylon screws with shouldered nuts
Ones thats done re mount the board
Here is what the steps look like

heli-maniac

Well had something strange happen when I floated the first PSU
Before floating it it was putting out 12.3 volts after floating it its putting out 26.4 volts so im not going to use that one
So I took one of the others that I had and got it floated and wired up and it works fine
Now the new charging system is almost done did a test charge on one of my 5100 6s packs old charger would take 3 hours to charge
the new system at 1C to 45 min

Now to get a box to put it all in

Graham Lawrie

Very nice Jesse:) The only downside I have found to mine is you can charge all your batteries quicker:( which means you fly more:) which means they deteriorate quicker:(

But man , you can get a lot of flying done quicker:):)

vimy

Well its almost done

Hello Jesse,

How did you fix your PL6 into the floor of the instrument case?

Did you use Velcro?

I like the idea that you have a parallel board uses the same connectors as the PL6.

Why Revo used the EC5 connectors on the charger and Deans on their MPA board is a bit strange.

heli-maniac

Hello Jesse,

How did you fix your PL6 into the floor of the instrument case?

Did you use Velcro?

I like the idea that you have a parallel board uses the same connectors as the PL6.

Why Revo used the EC5 connectors on the charger and Deans on their MPA board is a bit strange.

Yes its all just Velcro on to the bottom holds well I can lift the case with out it pulling loose

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice Jesse:) The only downside I have found to mine is you can charge all your batteries quicker:( which means you fly more:) which means they deteriorate quicker:(

But man , you can get a lot of flying done quicker:):)

Thanks Graham
Yes faster charging is hard on the Batteries
I have only pushed 2c and dont really need to go any harder on the charge
Cut my charge time way done from my old charger and thats what I was shooting for

Lee

Nice Jesse,
Still waiting to build mine. Don't have a spare bean at the moment to buy the parts.
If anything breaks or crashes in the next couple of months, its going to stay that way for a while :)

Top Bottom