Trucks Need Help With Traxxas Revo 2.5R

Newbie-31

Hello there! I'm working on my Revo, and I'm just trying to get the kinks worked out. I pull the starter and it starts up just fine but when I remove the ignited it bucks and dies yanking very hard on my pull starter. Can anyone help me?

- - - Updated - - -

And It's a brand new glow plug.

Tony

Staff member
To me, this sounds like a bad glow plug. I know you say it's new, but I have seen new plugs that are bad. Another thing could be lack of compression. Spin the engine over by hand and make sure you are getting a good POP when it comes over the compression stroke. But first, go out and get another good plug just to rule it out.

Newbie-31

Alright, I have one and I'll try it out.. thanks. Another thing Is the my drive gears don't touch.. I got my cars in a trade from a friend so I'm new to it but i deal with cars and atvs so I'm not a bad mechanic. Just curious if he put the wrong gears on or if I did something wrong when i mounted the motor on. Thanks for the help!

Tony

Staff member
Um, if you could, explain in a little more detail, or better yet post pics of the "drive gear". You have the pinion, spur, transmission gears, and front and rear Diffs with gears in them. Let me know what gear you are referring to and I will help out.

Tony

Staff member
You can take a pic and put it on your computer. There is a picture of what looks like a tree just above the reply box, it's the 4th from the right. Click on that, find the pic on yoru computer and hit upload. Just make sure it's not too big or the program will reject it.

If you are talking about the clutchbell/pinion, then there are 4 bolts that hold the engine mount to the chassis. You will loosen these up and slide the engine over. Make sure you have a slight gap in your gear mesh all the way around the spur gear (large gear). the gap should be about .5mm when set correctly.

Tony

Staff member
The picture is quite blurry, but to me it looks as if the spur gear is stripped out. The teeth on it should be the same length as the clutch teeth. To me, it looks like there is a sliver on the trans side of the gear showing a stripped gear. But as stated above, you will need to loosen the engine mount from the chassis and move the engine over.

Newbie-31

I don't see anywhere for it to move.. where the engine mounts is just four solid holes, where the mount connects to the chassis there are only solid holes as well. So no adjustments..

- - - Updated - - -

Just looked it over for the four time and noticed there was a screw missing in a spot and the engine had shifted down. I'm assuming that's my problem.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
There are slotted holes under the engin mount. All you do is loosen the engin mount from the frame and slide it over. I have a Traxxas t max. It is almost the same truck I know! You can adjust the motor mount. The pics wouldn't open on my I pad so I couldent see it. If Tony thinks they are striped, they probublly are. So you might have to get new gears. Not that expensive to replace!

- - - Updated - - -

There are slotted holes under the engin mount. All you do is loosen the engin mount from the frame and slide it over. I have a Traxxas t max. It is almost the same truck I know! You can adjust the motor mount. The pics wouldn't open on my I pad so I couldent see it. If Tony thinks they are striped, they probublly are. So you might have to get new gears. Not that expensive to replace!

Tony

Staff member
Sam, post up how you adjust your engine on your 3.3.

FYI, same is Breeze400 here on the forum. He has the 3.3 and if I remember correctly, the 2.5 and 3.3 share the same mount I think. But there has to be a way to slide the engine. It may be a different kind of mount than I'm used to. So there may be a separate adjustment that I"m not aware of.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, he posted as I was typing...

Newbie-31

It doesn't look stripped at all. Finding that missing screw made the differemce I'm headed to the store as we speak

Newbie-31

There are two screws connecting the swivel that the engine mounts on to the part of the mount that attaches to the chassis, loosen one and you adjust the motor

Newbie-31

Thanks for the help Tony! I'm gonna try the new glow plug tomorrow. After putting in a new screw the gears touch perfectly. I'll keep you posted!

Tony

Staff member
Good deal bro. Sounds like this has a much different bracket than I have seen or used. Glad you got it figured out and can't wait to see a video of it running!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
There are two screws connecting the swivel that the engine mounts on to the part of the mount that attaches to the chassis, loosen one and you adjust the motor

Thanks for letting us know. Next time someone needs help we can give the right response.

Top Bottom