450 Need help. New pilot

Tony

Staff member
Nevermind, just saw in post #4 that you are using the DX8. I was seeing post #2 where he mentioned the Futaba. Okay, moving on.

Put the ESC into the throttle port, Right front servo in teh aileron port, elevator (rear servo) in the elevator port, and left front servo into the Aux1 port. Your rudder servo will go into the rudder port.

The satellite Rx's will both plug into the same side of the 3GX into the Sat1 and Sat2 ports. Make sure to run one of the sats with the antennas running horizontal and the other with the antennas running vertical. This is the redundancy that they were made for.

You do not want the servos bolted into the heli at this point though. You will want to bind the 3GX to the Dx8, making sure the subtrims and trims are at 0, then play with the servo arms to get as close to 90º as you can. For positioning of the arms, watch my video on the Pro build, I detail everything in there. I also have videos on the DX8 basic heli setup as well as the setup for the 3GX that can better explain how to set everything up.

If there is anything else that you need help with, just post up.

Tony

Staff member
On the Align 450 Pro, two of the servos go in the front side by side. Only one will go in the back and that is the elevator.

That is the same setup as I have in the playlist below. There are multiple videos in this playlist and they will all keep playing.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PL09AA0B3800FCA554" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is the 3GX setup video.

And here is the DX8 playlist. Again, there are many videos in this playlist.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLC978F7883BECE2F6" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Dude put the heli to one side for a while, and watch all the above videos, if you are unsure watch them again, I used these videos for my set up and they are informative easy to follow and good,

stokke

Hey There Josh. Please se the link in my signature; setting up FBL head. Detailed description and pictures.

Tony

Staff member
i have seen them all 4-5 times each im just not the smartest tool in the shed.

Hey bro, on worries. We are here to help. I posted those since I didn't have much time and had to leave shortly after posting. I just now got back to the house and now the real work begins lol. It never stops.

The link in Marius' signature may be much easier to follow. It's with the same helicopter as is in the 450 build videos that I linked to. I think it is anyway. Looking at pictures and following along that way may help a bit. Some people get the best help with videos, some with reading, others have to actually put hands on to learn anything. I'm a hands on kind of person myself.

I agree though, step away from it for a bit and clear your head. Staring at these things for hours on end will get the best of you and you can and will get burnt out on working on them.

When you are clear, post up with exactly what you are having issues with. The better you can explain the issues, the better we can help. If you can take a short video, that would help a lot as well.

One of the front servos, left servo to be exact will plug into aux1 and right front or aileron servo will plug into aileron channel and ESC plugs into throttle channel, then aft servo or elevator servo plugs into the elev channel

left and right side from sitting in it, or looking at it from the front. ?

Derek

The servo on the left side of the helicopter should be the Pitch...that gets plugged into the AUX1. The servo on the right side of the helicopter should be the Aileron and that gets plugged into the AILE. Hope this helps.

for some reaons i cant get my 3gx to turn on at all, it will not connect to the computer or anything i have watched the videos. it makes a big beep when it turns on but there is no lights. that come on

Tony

Staff member
If you are going to talk about this in multiple threads, I'm going to start deleting the other ones.

it still didnt work. it failed to connect. and the video where ou plug in the battary and then hold the button. the green light does not come on then either it does nothing. just beeps once when i plug it in and thats it.

Top Bottom