450 Need help. New pilot

cn63bug

Ok, so your servos will plug into the 3GX unit. Then if you use your receiver, you'll have two cables that are multi-colored that will go from the 3gx to your receiver and plug in like the picture I posted a little earlier. If you're going to use just your sat, your servos will still plug into the 3gx along with your throttle/esc.

- - - Updated - - -

Servos go to 3gx, not the receiver

LOL, im actually mostly done i think.. i have the blades on i just didnt have battires to so i could set up the gyro,servos, so i have everthingting done cept that..

- - - Updated - - -

you guys have skype i feel like that might be faster?

Bruno

I have the same set up with the spectrum ar6210 receiver and one sattelite receiver. It was my understanding that my radio DX6i is a 6 channel transmit and that a 7 channel radio is necessary for the 2 satellite system without a receiver. I may be wrong but that's why I have the receiver 1 satellite system.

cn63bug

I have the same set up with the spectrum ar6210 receiver and one sattelite receiver. It was my understanding that my radio DX6i is a 6 channel transmit and that a 7 channel radio is necessary for the 2 satellite system without a receiver. I may be wrong but that's why I have the receiver 1 satellite system.

You would be correct. The 3gx uses a different setup as far as how it handles channels in dealing with tail gain. When using sats, it will automatically assign tail gain to channel 7 which the dx6i doesn't have. If you're using a dx7 or above, you can then use sats because of the additional channels.

- - - Updated - - -

i have the dx 8

Then you can choose whichever way you want to go :)
sats will give you a cleaner look, but the 3gx will only provide dsm2. If you go with the receiver, then you will have dsmx.

Stambo

LOL, im actually mostly done i think.. i have the blades on i just didnt have battires to so i could set up the gyro,servos, so i have everthingting done cept that..

- - - Updated - - -

you guys have skype i feel like that might be faster?

Big safety concern here.
I suggest removing the main blades until everything is set up and you know it all works properly.
The last thing you need is a heli spooling up with main blades connected as soon as you plug in the battery.
These things can do some serious damage.
There are probably many people around here that can attest to this.
Always think safety first.

thanks stambo, but thats not what my concern is .. it cant spool up hence non of the electrontics are in it im still trying to figure this out.. i feel like i took on a job to big and i dont know any one personaly to help. so im kinda just trying and error.

cn63bug

what is the diffrence with the dsm2 vs dsmx

DSM2 selects 2 frequencies when the tx and receiver are first powered on. It keeps them until everything is shut off. It will alternate between these 2 frequencies while in use to maintain a secure connection. DSMX however will "hop" frequencies in order to maintain a more secure connection. It really comes down to how many people are flying at your field. If there are more than say 35 people flying, DSMX would be the better way to go to avoid interference. Anyone else that wants to expand upon this, please do :)

Tony

Staff member
Hey Josh, wow am I late to the party lol. I did receive the email about your question, however I ended up getting busy and never made it over there. I do apologize about that. and now that I'm home, I'm even more busy. Figures.

But sounds like these guys are getting you squared away.

As for the facebook login, you say it's not working. We had an issue with the facebook API here about a week ago that caused MASSIVE issues with the forum. I'm looking for ways to correct this, but have not found them yet. I'm still working on it though.

Stambo

thanks stambo, but thats not what my concern is .. it cant spool up hence non of the electrontics are in it im still trying to figure this out.. i feel like i took on a job to big and i dont know any one personaly to help. so im kinda just trying and error.

I think many of us have been there, but don't worry too much, there are plenty of helpful people here to get you through it.
Just take your time and you will be fine.
Just remember the safety first message.
There are plenty of images on the net of people who didn't. :)
Try a google image search for rc helicopter injury.

cn63bug

ok well im only going to be flying by my self. im so confused.

I would say just use the sats with it then. That way you'll have a much easier time dealing with the wiring on your 3gx. Cleaner look too. The hardest part for me I was wiring mine, was running the signal wires from the 3gx to my receiver... very tight. I had to run it this way though as I have a dx6i.

Tony

Staff member
Just skimming over this thread I have some inputs.

Use the Sats with the 3GX if you are using a 7+ channel Tx. It's just easier. There is a bind port on the 3GX that you will use just like you do with a regular Rx. Plug it in, turn the heli on, the sats will start blinking fast. Then hold the bind button and turn on the Tx. The sats will start flashing slower, then both should go solid and you should be bound.

Wiring is MUCH easier with only the sats and you do NOT lose any signal quality.

Tony

Staff member
Setting what up before hand? Catch me up on what we are doing. I'm about to leave the house and run some errands, then I have to work on a helicopter that I have sitting here in the living room, but I will try to help in the short time that I have left.

ok so im at the point where all i have left to do is wire it up, i have not put together the servos yet, they need to be set to the right position but i have to do that before i put them in, that's part of the problem that im running in to i dont know where to set the arms or how to set them either.

Tony

Staff member
did I read somewhere that you are using a Futaba Tx? If so, and sorry I didn't catch this before, you must use the Rx with the S-Bus cable.

Top Bottom