My Office Job

Lee

Thanks dude, yep its not bad :D But i think every boy likes to blow things up, so your job is just as fun as mine.

murankar

Staff member
All I do is put radiation in the sky. Comms are important and at times exciting. Did a training evolution at a remote location and had internet in about 3 hours. Remote meaning that we had nothing on site to connect to. We had to provide EVERYTHING to get up and running. Once I am up and running my equipment can burn microwave popcorn in about 10 seconds.

Tony

Staff member
I couldn't imagine doing that for a living. I like to work, but not that friggin hard lmao.

As for the embed, that uses HTML code, and because of safety risks, I don't allow it on the forum. You can however take that link you posted, click on teh little filmstrip icon, and wrap a [video] tag around it. That one will post up the actual video on the page.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
that is a cool sounding job murankar. if i understand your brief description: you essentially are a comm satellite whisperer ... you can put them in a calm, submissive, co-operative state? I bet there are some drug lords that could use a few guys with your skills..... errr I meant "patriots of freedom"..

about the Dirty Jobs thing... heh... years ago Mike and crew were in a mom and pop specialty lead mine, I think, and they used a jackleg, same as video I linked (130 lb with a 6 or 8 ft steel in it), to do the narrow vein mining, but in a scary fashion though.

I think he got the crap scared out of him by that kind of mining, because it was a short segment. A lot safer than coal mining... way safer.

murankar

Staff member
My job should translate quite well to the civilian sector, I hope. Basically I'm the guy who connects the end users to the backbone (Home to street). Just recently I did a complete setup from power to dial tone and it's amazing just how this all works. What sucks about the job is that everyone not signal thinks we are just plain old commo guys and were not. During my last exercise people asked me to install a military c.b. in their truck, sorry never learned that part. Anyhow the jobs not bad boring but not bad, that's if the equipment is running smooth.

Mining on the other is for the strong. Takes a lot of nerve to be able to go below the earths surface and start blowing things up. Back home we have a salt mine that goes out under lake erie, not for me. Although the job pays really well, it's just not enough for me to do it.

Kite boarding instructor would be a great job also. Outside in the sun, on the beach and never a dull moment (well unless there is no wind). Since I hate the cold I would make a great candidate for the job. Only problem is my coordination sucks, explains why I am having a rough start at flying.

In the end we all have great jobs, to other people that is.

Lee

Thats right Matthias, My jobs sounds cool but sometime teaching people that have no skill at all can be tedious and boring. And doing it over and over again. But hey i'm in a cool place on the beach and have been for 20 years now exploring the world and getting payed. So i'm not complaining. Although i little more money would help ;)

murankar

Staff member
Like like teaching someone how to dace with two left feet (that's me). I had and now have a chance to see the world. Currently this is the farthest east I have been ever. Korea is not that bad, I hope to prove that once the weather finally warms up. Trying to take pics in the cold suck not only for me, but also for the camera battery. With that said I shall get out in the next month or so and start taking pics of the peninsula.

In the end If we didn't have some kind love for our jobs we wouldn't be doing them.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Pics are good. I've heard it gets pretty cold in Korea. Damp cold is the worst IMO.

You definitely have to at least like what you are doing for sure. I wouldn't do my job unless I liked it a lot, believe that. :stung:

Morelight

Fearless Freep
I like Lee's job for sure. Where can I sign up? Below is an example of what I do for a living (took a year off-getting older:hororr::p) No glory, no hot babes, no suntan, but explosives??? yesssss.

I pasted the embed code from Utube but it didn't work. Sorry.

The guys in the video are just installing ground support around a muck pass I think. The real fun is when you drill off a tunnel face and blast it to pieces. (small ones if you're any good).

Good life you have Lee. Love every day of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

murankar

Staff member
Let me tell ya somethin about cold. It is brutally cold here, I thought I was ready for it being from ohio and living near the lake. Nope not so much. Most of the winter was spent in the sub-zero area and yes add the humidity to it and it feels colder. After this trip here I plan on not being in cold area for long periods of time. Now with spring coming I have yellow dust to deal with and then monsoon season then finally Summer. Really humid hot summer, not really ideal for flying and worse than Georgia. I will be in Georgia by the end of September cant wait.

Top Bottom