Quad My Next Quad

Tony

Staff member
3 reviewers say yes. I have no way of actually telling other than looking at which gyro chip it has.

bigone5500

OK. Wasn't sure if the specs would tell.

Can you explain the differences in the F4 chips? Some have different numbers after.

Tony

Staff member
From what I know now (without jumping out to google and getting a super precise answer...), going from F3 to F4 gives you more processing power. More power means faster handling of the info. Faster handling of the info, the more stable the quad. The MPU6000 gyro actually sets this back quite a bit, but not having to soft mount a board is more critical to me. You may find an F4 with a 20xxx chip on it fantastic. I don't know. As for the numbers after it, I guess just iteration numbers? Not sure on that one.

bigone5500

I was looking on Amazon at some fc stacks and this one stood out the most to me. It has the f405 chip and includes a 35a 4-in_1 esc. It will be here Sunday.

HGLRC F438 Stack F4 Flight Control Integrated 33A 2-4S Brushless ESC Blheli_S BB2 4 in1 ESC for Racing Quadcopter Multicopter
Amazon product

bigone5500

Wow. Just got an email that my frame, motors, and props will be here today. I'm thinking I may do a build video on this one.

bigone5500

If I actually do a build video I really am not sure how to go about it. It would probably suck. So many of them out there already but I don't recall one on a micro alien.

bigone5500

I got my stuff in today. I will tell you...this thing is small! It's half the size of my others. I put the frame together and installed the motors as a mock-up and one thing I found is a problem. The props I bought don't fit the motor shafts. They are too thin by about 2-3 mm. I'll have to buy some nylon spacers and install those on top of the props. I'll have to keep some extras in case I drop one though. I had no idea props had different hub thicknesses.

Tony

Staff member
Motor leads being too short is VERY common. And can you post a picture of the issue with the props? Most motors will have a 5mm shaft for the prop, even my 140 does. But there are a lot of props out there that have two small holes for mounting rather than one large hole. This is the issue that I have been finding for 3" props.

Tony

Staff member
Or, get the proper die and thread the shaft a little further. Finding left hand is going to be a challenge though.

bigone5500

What is the preferred method of lengthening the motor leads? I assume disassembling the motor and replacing.

Tony

Staff member
No, just solder on an extension wire and heat shrink it. Don't twist the wires, just push them straight together and solder them up.

Top Bottom