Quad My Next Quad

Tony

Staff member
It's not going to hurt. But I would do something with those tight wires on the right. And make sure there are no legs touching the carbon fiber on the bottom side.

bigone5500

I think what I'll do is put some washers under the nuts on top and possibly replace the plastic ones with lock nuts. The wires aren't really that tight. I have them bent over and around the standoff. I did that so I didn't have to run them between the standoff and camera mount. I was afraid the carbon edge would abrade the insulation.

20190723_063753.jpg

bigone5500

I ordered my camera today. I hope I have better luck out of it. I also ordered some 24 GA wire. I may halt installation of my motors and use the smaller wire. 22ga is twice as thick as what the motors have on them.

iFlight RunCam Split Mini 2 FPV Camera 1080P 60fps HD Recording with WDR Low Latency TV-Out Switchable 5-20V FOV 130° Recording FOV 165° for FPV Drone Quadcopter Multicopter
Amazon product
For some reason the image and link do not work above. Here it is.

Last edited:

bigone5500

I can't handle having two different size wires on those motors. It just looks like crap. I have a little OCD too. My new wire will be here Thursday so I'll wire them up then. I hope to fly it this weekend.

Tony

Staff member
You could always cut away the heat shrink from the base of the motor and replace the entire wire.

Tony

Staff member
You shouldn't have to take the motor apart. If you tried to do that, you would have to pry the stator stack off of the hub it's pressed onto. Not ideal to say the least because you will likely destroy the stack or even the windings. But if the windings come out of the housing where that heat shrink is, you could just unsolder those, and solder more onto it.

Top Bottom