Quad My New MultiWii contorl Board

Tasajara

I did a maiden flight of my new MultiWii controller on one of my xRotor Spider Quads from BlueSkyRC.com.
I would have to say it is one of the best flying controllers I have, and can be built for under $40. It don't use the piezo gyros unlike a lot of the HobbyKing and KK boards that are less than $50.
This means you don't end up trimming it ever time you fly or if the weather changes in temperature.
I will list the parts list later and a how to on disassemble of the MultiWii and to load code.

Here is my Maiden flight of the Wii board.... it is so stable .... Sweet... lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Hands off stable, you gotta love that. Not used to seeing the aircraft being flown from you, I'm used to being ON the aircraft lmao.

Tasajara

Parts needed to make this control board...

Bob's Super Simple Shield for MultiWii
bobs shield.jpg
Arduino Pro Mini 5V 16MHz MEGA328P
promini.jpg
Break Away Headers
male_headers_01.jpg
Female Break Away Headers
if you would like to plug the Arduino chip in and not hard solder it in place.
female_headers_01.jpg
Wii Motion Plus - Black (Japanese Version)
wii +.jpg

Here is a video on how to get the Wii+ ready for use on the Shield
[video=vimeo;19749515]http://vimeo.com/19749515[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

I also bought a Serial Bluetooth Module for MultiWiiCopter Configuration
This lets me change my PID settings at the field with my Droid X
Here are some screen shots on how it looks on my phone
bluetooth.jpgbluetooth 2.jpg

bobs shield.jpg

female_headers_01.jpg

male_headers_01.jpg

promini.jpg

wii +.jpg

bluetooth 2.jpg

bluetooth.jpg

Tony

Staff member
This is what I wanted to see. Should help a lot of people out that want a great board without the drift of the KK board.

Tasajara

If anyone has any questions I will do my best to answer them...
I am still in the learning mode myself.

I think the hardest part was getting the wires of of the motion plus.... and take care not to bridge the connections...

I also built a board that has alt. hold , auto level and a mag compass.

here are a few pics of the build....

05-FreeIMU.JPG04-FreeIMU.JPG02-FreeIMU.JPG03-FreeIMU.JPG01-FreeIMU.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Hands off stable, you gotta love that. Not used to seeing the aircraft being flown from you, I'm used to being ON the aircraft lmao.
LOL I have one of those video's too... it was late evening and GoPros don't like low light....
For some reason it changed my HD video to 360p when I uploaded it... oh well here it is.. you can still see how smooth the video is even in fast flight

- - - Updated - - -

correction... it was not through loading it now has HD lol

01-FreeIMU.JPG

02-FreeIMU.JPG

03-FreeIMU.JPG

04-FreeIMU.JPG

05-FreeIMU.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Tasajara

Thanks.... I had a little time this morning so I build 2 more MultiWii Boards....
One for me and one for a friend, mine has the Right Angle pins on it.

01-Wii.JPG03-Wii.JPG02-Wii.JPG

01-Wii.JPG

02-Wii.JPG

03-Wii.JPG

wolfman76

so does the multiwii work by itself as a control board then?? or do you have to have an actual control board to go with it???

wolfman76

what kind of board will i need for it an actual control board or get it with the kk board???Just trying to make informed purchases cuz i am planning on getting everything to get atleast 1 quad in the air soon of course not this weekend but as soon as all parts i order come in

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
That is where Craig will come in. As stated before, I know he posted it on here somewhere but I don't know where. You may be able to find it by searching Wii Control Board.

wolfman76

what kind of board will i need for it an actual control board or get it with the kk board???oh ok tony thnx my man

wolfman76

hey chris at blueskyrc should i purchase the 3v3 kit for the super simple shield board when building the control board???? i am getting ready to order all the parts for for the control board...was just wondering i will order everything without it for now but if i need too i can always order it later....What do you think???

Tasajara

You just need:
Bobs Super Simple Sheild
Arduino Pro Mini 5V 16MHz MEGA328P V2
Wii Motion Plus - Black (Japanese Version)
Break Away Headers - 40 Pin Straight
and the Break Away Female Headers - 40 hole if you would like to plug the Arduino chip in instead of hard soldered.
The 3V3 Kit for Bob's Super Simple Shield is used if you add other break-away boards like Baro,compass, ect that run on 3volts instead of 5volts.
You dont need it if you do the basic Wii board. You can add the Wii Nunchuk Controller board if you want auto leveling.
Myself I have not put one on mine yet. I dont need it for FPV, or sport flying.

wolfman76

I cant find the video that shows how to do multiwii board anyone goy The link that and i cant find where to get the rainbow comp ribbon to use while building it

Top Bottom