Quad My New MultiWii contorl Board

callsign4223

Staff member
Quick question for you Craig. Now that you have built a few of these boards, are they any modifications to your original parts list that you would suggest?

Tasajara

None that I can think of.... Just make sure you get an original Wii motion plus and not a clone.
The original works much better...

- - - Updated - - -

the photo i posted of the board actually shows it is arcing at one of the soldering points i don't know why all solder joints are good. Do you have any ideas it only arcs when i connect via the usb on the computer... Oh yeah on the frame it only called for 8" front arm and 10" rear which was for use with 8" props... i made them 10" in front and 12" in rear due to my motors i have use 11" props...

The BlueSkyRC site has a calculator to figure your boom size. You need to keep the ratio right.
I used 10x5" props on 924kv motors with 9" front booms and 13.5" rear

- - - Updated - - -

Connected multiwii board with the adrunio pro mini board this is what happened when usb was connected to computer

View attachment 3285

Arcs are not good.... There may be just a tiny bit of solder crossing to terminals somewhere to do that.
I use a large lighted magnifying glass to check all points before powering it up.

wolfman76

craig i tried looking for that calculator i did not see it....

also on page 1 of this thread it looks like you used a different board then the bob's super simple board and on the arduinio board not all points had pins soldered to them why is that and what is the difference between the 2??? And 1 final question is the super simple board capable of having a fpv system and GPS function added to it???

Last edited:

wolfman76

Craig on first page of this thread what was the circuit board below the arduino board in your first set of photos??? I was also wondering if there is a different board out that i should get other then the Bob's super simple board so that i can set up gps and other funtions???

wolfman76

Ok i still getting an arc but this time takes a lil longer after i have entire control board hooked up to comp through usb. Here is photo of entire board soldered up wmp included. Is everything look soldered ok including the arduino board cuz i noticed photo on some of your first photos posted of your board some silder points on your arduino board were not soldered. Maybe cuz i think it was on a paris board or does it matter?

ForumRunner_20121125_145036.png

ForumRunner_20121125_145036.png

Top Bottom