General My last post

I guess normal practice if you don't know the heli or the owner, full strip down and rebuild would be in order.
I know I'm looking at getting a chopper, and I know the history of the heli and the pilot. I will have a quick look at it for the obvious, but I know the owner is anal about his choppers and has recently checked it all over, so i'm not going to be pulling it totally apart, but if it was off ebay or some other source I'd do a total strip down and rebuild checking everything and re doing all loctite etc

Tony

Staff member
Treff, I want you to read through this thread very carefully. There are a lot of great points here, and the sheer fact that there are over 40 replies in just a few hours should tell you something about this forum and it's members. We are here to help no matter what the situation.

Lee posted a great response that goes with your issues. Clones bring in a TON of members to the hobby, but it also frustrates 90% of them to where they just give up and think every heli is going to be like this.

Bro, I can assure you, those craptastic clones are just that, crap. I have one now after saying that I was NEVER going to get back into clones, but I just had to have my HK450GT back. And guess what, I'm having to replace just about ever piece one at a time because there is something wrong with everything on the heli.

To turn the other way, I have the Align 600 Nitro. This the forum members purchased for Rc-Help, but we ran into trouble. We purchased this heli from an unknown person and we didn't know what it had been through. So, we have been back and forth on what to do with it. Final decision was to just replace every part on it and update it to the newest products, and let me tell you, this thing is sweet.

However, if we would have just purchased new, you know, bit the bullet and saved up a few more bucks, we would not be in this mess.

Clones are crap, just remember that. If you don't like to tinker with things, then stay away from clones. Align is the LOWEST quality that I will ever buy new unless I"m going to do a comparison video or something (which I might just do).

Do yourself a favor, save up your money and buy an Align super combo. Build the helicopter and get to know it. This will give you more of an understanding of the mechanics. But before you do that, get a simulator like Phoenix or RealFlight and practice for one hour every day for a month before putting the heli in the air. Don't play on the sim, PRACTICE! I can assure you that if you follow the how to fly series that I have created, and you do it in the steps that I have laid out, you will be able to fly that helicopter in only a few months. Yes, months! This kind of coordination doesn't happen over night. Take your time, get a sim, get an mSR, get an mCP-X or a 130x and give yourself time to learn.

I hate to see you go and I as well as every other member on this forum will help you out in any way we can to keep you in the heli game. That is what this forum is all about, helping others in their time of need. I know exactly where you are coming from. I started out with the cheap clones because it was what I "thought" I could afford, and after about 6 months of nothing but crashing, I sold everything and damn near sold this forum. Then the members got together and kicked me in the ass and look at where we are now. I can actually fly now because I sat down, practiced on the sim, got myself an mSR and an mCP-X and taught myself how to fly.

Don't give up bro, ask questions, LOTS of questions and we will be right here to help you out. All you have to do is read through this thread to see just how much people care!

Slobberdog

Treff like I said earlier in this thread, if you want bring the Heli up to our club I recon we are about 45 mins away, and after the one session we should have it good or pretty good anyway. You had a good break for your holiday then came back and got it in the air well. Maybe take five and reflect.

Westy

LEGEND
I Don't Think he is listening Guy ... RIP Treffs Heli! :sleeping1: Till we meet again .... and the urge comes back! .... we will always be here!

Top Bottom