My first Idle up attempt - yest another averted CRASH

iceyo

I've tried a few k-bars on a few of my helis , but i swapped them for ikons.. dunno if real vbars fly the same as the k-bar, but personally i didnt like how it felt in the air.. also tail tuning was a pain in the a**..

murankar

Staff member
Folks that start out on vbar swear by it, everyone else complains about the tail it seems. Just takes a lot of tuning until you learn it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

well i tried my first attempt at IU today, went OK really, tends to gain altitude when UI switched on, not sure if this is normal. also some tail wag developed..

on landing the gyro lost tail authority and the heli spun round....phew if that had happened in air..... well need i say..

heres video

i looked at the Serov on the park bench but nothing evident, so ill scope it later and see whats going on... no loose wires were seen.

View attachment 12450

any thoughts would be appreciated

Looks like you did great! The only heli I've done Idle Up with is my Blade 130....not enough practice with it. I also have been bad about not practicing on the Real Flight a friend loaned me. ...Something about getting ouside whenever possible with a charged set of batteries, and the cool 700, and I'm hooked....even with simple straight-forward flight! ("Oh-oh-oh-oh, what a feeling!....and it ain't a Toyota :rotflmao:)"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the comments guys, just catching up on posts after my hols, I need to get back in the field to try idle up again...

I fitted the new tail gyro before I went on hols but the shop sent me the wrong one, it's the DS76 not the DS76T, so I'm not sure if it will work as good... I've emailed the shop and they said they'll change it... Bloody pain that...

Looks like you did great! The only heli I've done Idle Up with is my Blade 130....not enough practice with it. I also have been bad about not practicing on the Real Flight a friend loaned me. ...Something about getting ouside whenever possible with a charged set of batteries, and the cool 700, and I'm hooked....even with simple straight-forward flight! ("Oh-oh-oh-oh, what a feeling!....and it ain't a Toyota :rotflmao:)"

Hey Larry, you can't beat getting out in the field against sim flying, there's no comparison, simple flying is all I can do at moment and I love it.. Wish I had a 700, that bird of yours is awesome...

Top Bottom