Chargers My Charger :)

Graham Lawrie

Yes, 4, 6, 10 will all go to pin 8.
I am missing something here?

I have 4 separate wires each coming off 4 6 8 & 10.
I have 8 and 4 linked together which now I think is wrong?
My switches have light + and earth. The switches are on off with a light on the tip.

Which wire goes where?

Both 12v and 24v side PSU are identical.

Tony

Staff member
There is no power doing through the pins. They are only jumpers. 4, 6, and 10 need to be shorted to pin 8 for the psu to come on and for the fans to quiet down. Unfortunately, there is no way to light up that light on your switch with just the pins.

cml001

My switch lights up of the pins... Lights up w the switch in the off position and light off when in the on position.. Have to use jumpers but it lights up.

- - - Updated - - -

So does Deano's..

Graham Lawrie

My switch lights up of the pins... Lights up w the switch in the off position and light off when in the on position.. Have to use jumpers but it lights up.

- - - Updated - - -

So does Deano's..[/QUOTE
That's what I thought.

Now I am back to confused? ?

Deano should be the same as mine, guess he needs to show me how?

Tony

Staff member
I don't know if I would run a jumper to power that light on the switch. That could put more load on the negative pin (8) than it can handle. I would just put a regular switch on those pins, then maybe a small LED that is connected to the ouputs of each psu (12vDC) to show that it's on.

cml001

Not sure guys, I do kno I had to use a jumper just to get the on/off function of the switch to work... My switch had 5 prongs... 3 for the switch and 2 additional for the LEDs.. Now every box I have seen has different switches... Urs look identical to Deano's tho... I kno he had to use a jumper as well.. Scroll back & look at his pics... It'll work.

Graham Lawrie

Well thanks to Kev:) I made a big leap in my charger today:)

The strange thing was my switch has 3 poles, ground, live, light. I had 6 & 10 on live and 4 & 8 on ground, and the light on my toggle switch lit up?

I then swapped the ground to light, and the charger worked as it should but no light on the toggle switch?

Any way, it works, and I got voltage:) So now all I have to do is fit the poles and tidy everything up, remove the protective wrap on the Perspex.

Final video after that, then on to the next project:)

cml001

Well like I said on mine (& Deano's) the led switch light is only one if switched to the off position... It took awhile tinker'n with it to figure it out too.. But if ur light'n the fire rock with it.. I'm not an electrical person by any means..

Graham Lawrie

A small update:)

I have got the switches working as per Deno,s excellent diagrams:) The only thing I don't like is the led light is on from the start till you flick the switch to get power and it goes off:)
Anyhoo, I am uploading a small video which I will post:) just got to fit two poles when they arrive, then tidy everything up and she is good to go:)

Thanks to everyone on here who has made this possible for me, without your help I never would have got there:) YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE:)

I will post a final video when it is all done:)

- - - Updated - - -

A small update:)

I have got the switches working as per Deno,s excellent diagrams:) The only thing I don't like is the led light is on from the start till you flick the switch to get power and it goes off:)
Anyhoo, I am uploading a small video which I will post:) just got to fit two poles when they arrive, then tidy everything up and she is good to go:)

Thanks to everyone on here who has made this possible for me, without your help I never would have got there:) YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE:)

I will post a final video when it is all done:)

Graham Lawrie

Thanks Deano. Your help was awesome, diagrams were great. Just waiting for pole connectors and it will be finished:) Hopefully in the post tomorrow:) Ian a5 Coolice has a great add on that I might do:)

Graham Lawrie

TADA:)

I Have finished my power supply :notworthy:

Without the people on here it would not have been possible:)

I am uploading to the tube place of much slowness:( soon you will see it :) a wee video:)

I am going to use an old 600 swashplate as the handle for opening the flap to access tools and balance boards etc:)

WATCH THIS SPACE VIDEO SOON:)

Tony

Staff member
That thing turned out great Graham! Now, put 6 batteries on that thing in parallel and crank that charger up to 30 amps. I want to see this!!!

Graham Lawrie

Thanks Tony:) I haven't got 6 batteries the same:) I am reading the manual for the 306B now to see if I can connect different batteries, which I don't think I can.

I have enough for my 450 but it wont push the charger. I have to change some battery connections so mine are all the same:)

Graham Lawrie

Thanks Lee:) playing with it today:) Love the set up, so much room in the box:) I can fit masses in it. Been kitting it out today and using the 306b to check resistance in my batteries:( some in a bad way.
Doing storage charges on all of them now:)

Top Bottom