Micro My Blade 120SR..."Houston we still have a problem!"

Okay you guys and gals, If you tuned in yesterday for "piro-maniacs" that thread was pretty much done. So, after replacing the main motor, removing my wife's hair from the tail rotor and replacing the main shaft, swashplate and head (just for good measure) now she won't throttle up! Now, all I get is tiny bursts sometimes at low stick, sometimes nothing...sometimes if I move the cyclic stick (which every thing works fine on) it spurs a little burst?
I have checked all the power connections and all seem to fine...I even moved the power line going to the control unit while I throttled up, no on and off. I switched batteries out, but no help there. The connection at the control unit is solid...

I attached a short video of me trying to power her up and what she does...Yes, you have to turn your head to the left to see it, because this is my first video, so no comments please, as I didn't have time to edit!:whining:

So, please put on those thinking caps boys and girls and give me your best guess?

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon!

All the best,

Terry
"HeliBaby1527"
Va. Beach, VA
[video=youtube_share;hDufYB998vQ]http://youtu.be/hDufYB998vQ[/video]

Tony

Staff member
Video is private bro. But take a look at the FET's on the board. I will bet you have one that is cracked or looks wet. Which means it's bad. And the only real replacement for most people is to just get a new board.

Re: My Blade 120SR..."Houston we still have a problem!"

I know wrong video! Sorry!
[video=youtube_share;N12Qqd8-Uuw]http://youtu.be/N12Qqd8-Uuw[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

AW, Rats...sorry bout the video, damn...I'll change in YouTube! Sounds like the plan...I think I saw what you're talking about when I was checking board connections! You be the man again! Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Video is public now and you don't have to lean left to see it!

MY Bad.....

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, Tony...just exactly what does "FET" stand for? NEWBIE HERE! Be kind...

Tony

Staff member
Well I tried to find a picture of what I was talking about, but it seems that no one knows how to take a damn picture of a small object lmao. But yeah, it's either the board is gone, or you have a battery that just can't sustain the power.

Do this, try unplugging the tail motor from the board and see if that helps.

Tony

Staff member

And FET stands for field-effect transistor

Okay, I will...thanks! Can you see the video now?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, Got it...Yeah, after disconnecting the tail motor, main motor runs fine!?

Tony

Staff member
You need to replace the tail motor. That hair likely burnt it up. But those tails burn up pretty easily. And yes, I saw the video.

Tony

Staff member
This is not going to guarntee you that it will work. It could still be a bad FET on the tail side of the board. But, if that does happen, at least you will have a main and tail spare lol. Have to look on the bright side.

Thanks, Admiral...I'll keep that in mind! I found a board on eBay for $40 w/ free shipping so that's hard to beat if it comes to that!

All the best!
Terry
"HeliBaby1527"
Va. Beach, VA

Hey Tony, it was the tail motor! She flies like her old self again...And yes, you are still da man! Thanks again!

Terry
"HeliBaby1527"
Va. Beach, VA

Hey Tony...I flew my 120SR again yesterday. It's acting kinda "squirrely" now, turning little piro's with no stick input? (Sorry, no video!) Also seems like it's "out of control" in response to stick input?
I took a picture of the control board (attached). Do you see anything going on with it?

Thanks for your time, Bro!

Terry
"HeliBaby1527"
Va. beach, VA

- - - Updated - - -

OOPS...here's pic!

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

Thanks, Bro...I didn't either based on what you told me to look for. But, it's started doing the same "quick bursts, then dying" I showed in the previous video. I may just have to bite the bullet and get a new board? Don't know what else to do...

Thanks again,

Terry
"HeliBaby1527"
Va. Beach, VA

Top Bottom