Spektrum My AR400 won't bind

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, without seeing it in person, the only thing that I can suggest is taking it back to the store where you got it and see if they can either figure it out, or get you a new one. What's weird though is the servos work in that channel. Make sure to take your ESC and motor with you to the store.

leefuji

yeah we'll see what happens. and yup it is weird that the servo did work and it had the full range (throttle up/down) yet it won't kick the motor off but the other channels were good to initialize the motor. thanks again for your help man :)

leefuji

hehe funny you say that .... it was the first thing I tried when I ran into this problem , I even tried Heli and Sailplane as new models and on different model numbers just for the heck of it and still no good. what is really annoying is that I had 5 flights last week and all was good and then this past sunday I was ready for a few more and this happened. if it was right from the get go then I would have said Ok it's a bad lime (defect AR400 or DOA) but it worked and then went haywire. anyways I do have an AR6210 that I will be using for now until I get that AR400 replaced or fixed.

Tony

Staff member
Here is the thing. The other channels are set to mid stick. So if you were not holding the stick, it was initializing at mid stick. (yes, it's bugging me that bad lmao). Try to initialize it with teh throttle at mid stick and see what happens. If that works, then we will just have to play with it and it's an ESC issue and not the Rx. In fact, if that mid stick doesn't work, try moving the stick one notch at a time up and down and see if it will do something. Make sure to leave the stick there for about 10 seconds each or so.

leefuji

LOL ... ok let me try to initialize at mid stick or gradually from low to mid to high. and yes when I had the motor plugged into the aileron channel I left the stick at mid position and after I pushed it all the way to the right which is (-100) then I got my 3 beeps and the motor worked on the aileron. Ok this is the last round and after I'm hitting the sack :)

Tony

Staff member
Oh, so your ESC didn't initialize until you pushed the stick all the way to the right? Okay, then it did have to be at one end or the other...

leefuji

no good lol , i tried -100 and around 15% + one at a time all the way to +100 and still no initialize. Ok maybe tomorrow I'll try some more, I'll stop by at a friends house to grab two ESC's he has test. I 'll keep you updated.

btw: I watched your video for adjusting the stick tension but after I removed the rubber grip it never sticks back properly (center section always pops up) did you use some kinda glue so to make it hold without popping?

Tony

Staff member
Nope, I have pulled mine up quite a few times (about 8 just for that one video lmao) and it's still holding strong. Make sure your locating tabs are down in their holes. If you don't get those in there, then it will pop up.

If you don't have any luck with that, you can just get some scotch double sided tape or something to hold it down. I never peeled my tape off that came with the Tx. I hate to say it, but if you want stock, you can order just the grips.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/back-grips-left-right-dx7s-dx8-SPMA9576

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/side-grips-left-right-dx7s-dx8-SPMA9577

leefuji

I did noticed once that one of one of the locating tabs wasn't going into the hole and I fixed that and it still pops up. I'll try the double sided tape or I was gonna put a few drops of Welder glue just to hold that center section. Top and Bottom hold pretty good as if they were never pealed lol. nice links, I didn't know that Horizon Hobby had those as spare.

Top Bottom