450 MurryB450 trex

MurryB

well i was just outside flying my trex 450 And it seem awful twichey. I have to say it has been awhile sense i have flown it, but scared the hell out of me. I put the stick at neutral and everything on the head look like it was lined up. Think it was me? Also notice a little tail wag.

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Welcome MurryB. Thank you for your service :). A little more info and/or a short video will help us help you. Need to check if the main shaft is slightly bent also the tail shaft. The tail wag could be setting is to high or low on the gain. Main blade are not balance correctly.

MurryB

Thank you D.O.G. I would do it again. There is no wobble in the head, the blades are in track and they are balanced. I had to put a lot of left rudder in it to keep it stright and a little left ailiron. the gain on the gyro is what you are talking about right? Next time i fly will try to record.

MurryB

Ha D.O.G. I just remember something I had my gain set at 72% and I dropped it to 70% I bet that is what caused the wag.

MurryB

I am going to set it back to 72%. And see what that does. I may try my 500 today. wish me luck.

MurryB

Any of you guys know were I can buy stock canopys for my 500 and 450 trex don't want after market.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I am trying to find a battery for trex 500 with ec3 connector can't find anywhere.

Yeah, it's hard to find ec3 connector for 500. I'm using XT60 on my 500. You should be using at least ec5 or XT60. A lot of batteries have the XT90 for 500 and up batteries that size anyway. Just purchase the connector and solder it your self. That's what I do. :2c:

MurryB

Yeah, it's hard to find ec3 connector for 500. I'm using XT60 on my 500. You should be using at least ec5 or XT60. A lot of batteries have the XT90 for 500 and up batteries that size anyway. Just purchase the connector and solder it your self. That's what I do. :2c:
That is what I was trying to avoid. Dont solder a darn.

MurryB

A few questions how long will a 4000mah 30 or 40c 6s run on trex 500. I have an EXI450 and I had it in my DX6I but deleted it out now I am going to put it back in, If I use the same settings Tony had in his radio it should work OK right.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there MurryB. I don't know what settings Tony had but you can use that as a starting point. My self, I would program a new set up in the TX... that's just me. As for how long of a flight time for a 500...it depends on settings, electronics and what kind of flying you do. My 500 with 3000 mah/6s, I get 5 mins. I would set it for like 3 mins then check the battery after the flight to see what % is left...then take it from their.

MurryB

Thanks for come back. I am looking at gforce 3300 30c for 45 bucks and a 3300 40c for 48 that is good price for me. I followed Tony's set up in his vid and will work from there.

MurryB

Anybody on here ever seen a video on youtube of a guy using an allen wrench to level a flybar. I know i saw it a long time ago. I'am trying to level mine and i have tried to buy a lock, but if i can make one that would be better.

Top Bottom