General motor and ESC help

Lee

Was it a real Spectrum RX or a clone? If its real, you should send it back to Horizon Hobby to see if they will replace it.

treff

Yes, that's what so annoying. Genuine spectrum rx. Problem is by the time all the tooing and froooing is finished, the post back and forth and so on I would be in me box pushing up the proverbials . This is definately the last. If I had known before I ventured into helicopters that I would have to buy two of everything, three of others I would have rented a warehouse or is that a *****house lol, Still on the last run up I did manage to get the thing just above the pile on the carpet. I have a strange notion that this is going to be the max for this heli. One more thing the tail slider is very poor and also the belt. Do they normally stretch after a few run ups?
Cheers all the best sent from the poorest man in Wales.

Slobberdog

Treff that is one part that is known to be poor on the basic hk kit, buy yourself a tail assembly from giant shark for £8 ish plus a little for postage it is a full metal assy and will be a better quality than the plastic one, it what's on mine at the moment, ok it's another hk tail but its better than the plastic one you have.

Lee

As they say in Mastermind, "I've started so i'll finish" aye Treff? :D You have definitely picked the bottom of the bunch as far as clones go. Tarot, ALZRC or Chaos are the only clones i would recommend of an Align heli. But you live and learn. I would hate for you to leave helis with a bad taste in your mouth. Lets get this thing in the air for you. The pitch arms on the tail are over extending? Move the tail hub further onto the tail shaft to inhibit them from over extending. Things move after the first couple of flights, even on good quality birds. Just pull the boom out a tad further and tighten up again. She should be sweet after that.

treff

As they say in Mastermind, "I've started so i'll finish" aye Treff? :D You have definitely picked the bottom of the bunch as far as clones go. Tarot, ALZRC or Chaos are the only clones i would recommend of an Align heli. But you live and learn. I would hate for you to leave helis with a bad taste in your mouth. Lets get this thing in the air for you. The pitch arms on the tail are over extending? Move the tail hub further onto the tail shaft to inhibit them from over extending. Things move after the first couple of flights, even on good quality birds. Just pull the boom out a tad further and tighten up again. She should be sweet after that.

Thanks for the tips Lee. Yes live and learn. My Dad, when he was alive told be to beware of wild women and strong liquor but dam he forgot to mention helicopters. Incidentally I have done quite a lot of research regarding Chinese rip offs and the only way to get a genuine Spectrum product is to by one direct from the manufactuer. Even if you buy from your friendly neighbour hood model shop the chances of buying the genuine artical is verging on the zero. Sign of the times I'm afraid. So do not mention anything about transistor radios to a friends in the far east. LOL

Top Bottom