450 MKS 8910A+ no power on my 450

pit_helis

Hi everyone! I have Trex 450 Pro V2 all stock when I got it brand new. I have changed my cyclic servos(3) to Hitec ds5065mg, it was doing fine, then I crashed again. Ordered an MKS 8910A+, when I plugged it in the servo itself wont move, no power at all.. Tried to put back the old Align 520 stock and I can hear sound and power in it. I tried to put it from 1520 to 760 = no power/not moving. I ask the tech guy he said bring it back so I did what he said.. He said it was working. He sent it back to me, then I treid to rebind but no power its like nothing. My radio is DX8, battery = Align 2250mah 40c, 3gx gyro with ar8000rx. Anybody?

Thanks
pit

cml001

You probably have a different pulse/bandwidth rate with those servos.. Check the specs and enter those into the fbl unit.. I'm not familiar with the 3gx... But I'm sure there is a setting for pulse/bandwidth

Lee

Have you tried the servo on a servo tester?

If this tech guy said it was working, did he not give you any ideas as to how it should be set up?

Last edited:

pit_helis

You probably have a different pulse/bandwidth rate with those servos.. Check the specs and enter those into the fbl unit.. I'm not familiar with the 3gx... But I'm sure there is a setting for pulse/bandwidth

You mean whether 760 or 1520? I've done that, but same result - no power.

pit_helis

Have you tried the servo on a servo tester?

If this tech guy said it was working, did he not give you any ideas as to how it should be set up?

We chatted online, he asked me to change 1520 to 760 on the gyro... thats all at that time he can advice me, then he asked me to see Freddy's DIR set up, etc(w/c I've seen it before).. I just rebind it and tried DIR and even when tried to do rudder setup the servo doesnt still move..

- - - Updated - - -

Plug another servo into that port (any servo) and see if the port is working.

Sir Tony I tried to plug the old Align 520(stock) servo w/c was working just before I crashed, even if it's broken due to crash, I can still hear sound and the arm moves a little w/c I think is a good sign on the gyro??

Tony

Staff member
Make sure you are set on 1520 if your cyclic servos are Align, and plug one of the cyclic servos into the rudder channel. It should move to your command.

pit_helis

Make sure you are set on 1520 if your cyclic servos are Align, and plug one of the cyclic servos into the rudder channel. It should move to your command.

Sir Tony, just tried plugging one servo, and yes it is working.....tried left and right rudder stick and it moves...

Tony

Staff member
Next question is, are you sure you are plugging in the new servo correctly? The light colored wire should be towards the label of the 3GX.

cml001

Details
SKU RC-MKS-DS8910A+
Dead Band 0.0008ms (Default)
Control System +Pulse Width Control
Working Frequence 760us/560Hz
(RX) Required Pulse 3.0 ~6.0 Volt Peak to Peak Square Wave
Operating Voltage 4.8 ~6.0 V DC Volts
Operating Temperature Range -10 to + 60 Degree C
Operating Speed (4.8V) 0.052 sec/60° degrees at no load
Operating Speed (6V) 0.040 sec/60° dagrees at no load
Stall Torque (4.8V) 2.1 kg-cm (29.16oz/in)
Stall Torque (6V) 2.6 kg-cm (36.11 oz/in)
Motor Type Coreless Motor
Potentiometer Drive Indirect Drive
Driver Type FET
Bearing Type Dual Ball Bearings
Gear Type Titanium Gears
Programmable NO
Connector Wire Length 24.0 cm (9.4 in)
Dimensions 35.8X15.2X29 mm (1.41x 0.6x 1.14 in)
Weight 28g (0.99oz)

- - - Updated - - -

Is it set to 560hz?

pit_helis

Next question is, are you sure you are plugging in the new servo correctly? The light colored wire should be towards the label of the 3GX.

Yes Sir Tony same as the rest of the servo(All facing the same direction, even tried the other way before, but same result).....

Tony

Staff member
try plugging the new servo into one of the cyclic ports and see if it works. I'm quickly running out of ideas on this one. Not sure what is going on.

pit_helis

Details
SKU RC-MKS-DS8910A+
Dead Band 0.0008ms (Default)
Control System +Pulse Width Control
Working Frequence 760us/560Hz
(RX) Required Pulse 3.0 ~6.0 Volt Peak to Peak Square Wave
Operating Voltage 4.8 ~6.0 V DC Volts
Operating Temperature Range -10 to + 60 Degree C
Operating Speed (4.8V) 0.052 sec/60° degrees at no load
Operating Speed (6V) 0.040 sec/60° dagrees at no load
Stall Torque (4.8V) 2.1 kg-cm (29.16oz/in)
Stall Torque (6V) 2.6 kg-cm (36.11 oz/in)
Motor Type Coreless Motor
Potentiometer Drive Indirect Drive
Driver Type FET
Bearing Type Dual Ball Bearings
Gear Type Titanium Gears
Programmable NO
Connector Wire Length 24.0 cm (9.4 in)
Dimensions 35.8X15.2X29 mm (1.41x 0.6x 1.14 in)
Weight 28g (0.99oz)

- - - Updated - - -

Is it set to 560hz?

Sir Tony what and how can I get 560hz??

- - - Updated - - -

try plugging the new servo into one of the cyclic ports and see if it works. I'm quickly running out of ideas on this one. Not sure what is going on.

The NEW servo did not move when I plugged it in on one of the cyclics............

cml001

May be the issue.. When I upgraded to MKS I had no function either via my AR7200.. I had to go in and re-set my servo requirements.... I don't kno!?!?!?

- - - Updated - - -

Is that servo a "tail" servo?

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Only thing i can think of is not enough voltage to the servo. Is this being powered through the internal bec?

For some reason i am thinking mks servos are power hogs.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom