450 MKS 8910A+ no power on my 450

pit_helis

But ur using it on the cyclic?

No cml001. For tail.

- - - Updated - - -

Only thing i can think of is not enough voltage to the servo. Is this being powered through the internal bec?

For some reason i am thinking mks servos are power hogs.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

I am using the stock Align Trex 450 Pro bec.. 3 Cyclics are fine, except for the tail..

cml001

May I suggest the 95, 93 or the 92a+ for cyclic.. I use the 92a+ for cyclic and the 95i for the tail.. May not be able to use that servo on the cyclic... Not sure tho... In AR7200 there are preset Hz selections for cyclic.. None of which are 560.. I would have to go "user defined" to plug that Hz in... The tail on the other hand is common for servos to have 560... As I said I'm am not familiar with the 3gx.

murankar

Staff member
The only mks tail servo for a 450 that i knew of was the 95i. If you have a servo tester i would test it. Also if you have a standard rx i would test it with that also.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Sparse

No I was set up with this servo for my tail by mks personally. MKS-HV9780 for my 450. When I ordered my set of MKS servos friday I spoke with the rep from mks he set me up with all the ones I needed. And there high end servos from my understanding. and the pulse rates have to be put into the fbl unit. As Tony said if he cant set pulse rates up on the 3gx due to the fact it only has Analog or digital to choose from. he might not be able to get it to respond. this is just my theory. the rates the 3gx has may not match his servo.

Last edited:

cml001

9780 is a good tail servo I'm told.. Is it working? So ur gonna use a HV9780 for the tail.. & the 8910 for the cyclic... Gotta get the cyclic to 560Hz.. Bout all I know to do.. But why are u mixing standard cyclics with a HV tail? I'm not sure what to tell ya bud.. Maybe someone else can chime in and shine a light on this. Sorry.

Sparse

I ordered the 92A+ for cyclic and the hv9780 for the tail they did not come yet, should have them in a couple of days. I also got a ikon which came today. I will put pictures up when i get everything.

Last edited:

pit_helis

No I was set up with this servo for my tail by mks personally. MKS-HV9780 for my 450. When I ordered my set of MKS servos friday I spoke with the rep from mks he set me up with all the ones I needed. And there high end servos from my understanding. and the pulse rates have to be put into the fbl unit. As Tony said if he cant set pulse rates up on the 3gx due to the fact it only has Analog or digital to choose from. he might not be able to get it to respond. this is just my theory. the rates the 3gx has may not match his servo.

The tech guy I spoke with says he tested on 3gx and it was working....

pit_helis

Update:

Got:
an MKS 95i servo (for my tail)
hb pp 50a v3 esc (better than the stock Align 35a)
a scorpion motor (but still using 3s)

and changed some parts like the feathering shaft and main. When I checked the main shaft I noticed I dont have the one-way shaft ring and dont even remember if I did got one before. It's the reason I crashed I think bec. during inverted(the only 3d I know) I have no control of the tail. Also checked the frame rate this time looking at the parameter(on my pc) to be safe and sure whether the frame rate value changes or not. Gathered and read all your replies again. Now it flies smooth except for a bit of tail shake which I have to adjust the gyro(hopefuly). Thank you for ALL your replies. I still have a lot to learn(from all of you).:huepfenicon111:

murankar

Staff member
Good work. Yes if the one way bearing assembly is not complete your tail may not hold like it should.

get back out and let us know how things go.

pit_helis

Good work. Yes if the one way bearing assembly is not complete your tail may not hold like it should.

get back out and let us know how things go.

Thanks Murankar...
Did 5packs yesterday, no-prob at all and it flies smooth(except for the main blade not spinning freely a bit-going to check later). Tried 95i on pitch pumps and it holds really well too!!!
:beerchug:

pit

Top Bottom