450 Loving this Align 450 DFC Pro!!!

DAL2855

Banned
I received my Align 450 DFC Pro from Super Bad in the mail yesterday! And wow! What a completely different helicopter than one of those cheap clones! I haven't actually flown it yet, but did get the opportunity to do the first spool up last night and wow! Completely night and day different than a clone! I am amazed at the differences! I setup the ZYX gyro to default gyro gains for the tail and never had to touch them and the tail was rock solid! And can't say enough about how smooth this heli is compared to anything I've flown before! I am very impressed with the Align quality over the clones! Thanks alot Jesse!

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah Lee, I plan on shooting some video of the maiden flight this afternoon! Weather permitting! It's supposed to be sct thunderstorms today but hopefully the rain holds off!

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah Dirk, you definitely aren't kidding there! This thing is so smooth compared to either one of my clones! But my one clone is in the process of being converted right now, the only thing that will be left clone is the frame! Just finished installing the Align DFC Main block set into it!

Dirk

Everything fits and lines up the first time. I mentioned in one of my post recently that my 450 DFC managed to do a hands-off hover last week for almost 15 seconds. There was no wind, but how cool is that?

Oh you're going to love this bird!

DAL2855

Banned
Oh yeah definitely! And just feels so much more solid of a bird when it's built too! Man what a difference! Charging the batteries right now getting ready to maiden this bird! Can't wait! So excited! That's awesome that it did that!

Dirk

Before I bought my Trex about 2 weeks ago, I was seriously considering a clone. (Copter X, Storm 460 or HK). After reading some of the posts here I decided to rather spend a little more money and get an Align instead of a clone. I think it was money well spent.

All the best for the maiden tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

Westy

LEGEND
Good deal on the new Heli. When you say smooth .... are you referring to the spool up speed and throttle response? or in general?

most el-cheapo ESC's have the SnaP ... I am on issue where as a good ESC will allow you to put the throttle to 50% stick and spool up on its own internal programming system.

good luck with the flight, look forward to seeing it in the air

DAL2855

Banned
Yes definitely Graham! Here's one of my videos from today!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another one! Almost dark and had the brightness on camera turned down too low so it looks like stuff is glowing!

- - - Updated - - -

And another!

- - - Updated - - -

Another flight!

- - - Updated - - -

Another one! Flew the heck out of this bird today!

- - - Updated - - -

And the last one!

- - - Updated - - -

That last video was of a spool up of the 600 Nitro bird there one day last week!

Last edited by a moderator:

heli-maniac

Well good to see you got it in the air . sounds like its doing well for you. Make sure and oil the bearings I was doing them every3 to 4 flights

DAL2855

Banned
Ok will do! Yeah I am loving it! Flies so much better than those cheap clones! Now just gotta build my flying skills! What kind of oil do you use?

Dirk

Everything is smooth. From the bearings right trough to the spool-up. Amazing bird this.

- - - Updated - - -

Well done on the flying. Looking good!

DAL2855

Banned
Thanks Dirk! Yeah I am finally getting the hang of this flying a 6ch! Been especially hard because that's what I started out on! Probably should have started with something smaller, but that's me though! Always love a challenge!

Dirk

I think the smaller helis are harder to fly though. 450 Size seems to be the most popular. Nice flight bro!

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah Dirk! Gotta get my confidence built up flying these 450's so I can finally get the Nitro 600 in the air!

Top Bottom