450 Loving this Align 450 DFC Pro!!!

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah definitely Dirk! Sun's tryin' to pop out so maybe I'll get to do some more flyin' today! will probably get my other camera system out and get it back up and going and try to get some better video today!

DAL2855

Banned
Well didn't get to do any flying yesterday, tried doing a spool up on this second bird I've been converting to all align parts from a clone bird, and the CF tail boom exploded right in front of the tail box and the tail head flew apart! So I put the Align boom on it! But my question is guys, what should I do about the head speed on my Align Trex 450 DFC Pro? It seems a little high and I only have the throttle curve setup to 0,30,50,75,75. It's running the helical cut gears right now, should I just leave the throttle curve alone and switch to the straight cut gears to lower the head speeds or what should I do here?

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah but it seems a little too responsive with the higher head speeds. Too hard to maintain control of when trying to hover, it's all over the place!

Slobberdog

mine sits there pretty well to on the 3Gx and I think I have 70% flat from pos 3 to high, and yes they are responsive, but you can use a bit of expo to help with that.

DAL2855

Banned
I have the ZYX setup to the default beginner gain and agility settings which are 30 on agility for both elevator and aileron and 40 for gain on these two axis. And the tail is setup to 30 both left and right yaw rate and 70 for the gain and is set to default 71 for gain in the radio and the tail is rock solid holding. What should I do to the ZYX to make it easier to control? Lower the gain or agility or what should I try first?

- - - Updated - - -

Slobberdog, I have the D/R and Expo set to 80/07

Tony

Staff member
If it's too reactive, either add some DR/Expo or lower your cyclic/collective pitches. It will soften it up quite a bit by reducing each 2º.

Tony

Staff member
Here are some numbers to start with besides the degrees to take out. I would set your Tx to 70%DR and +35 Expo. That will reduce total servo travel, and soften up the sticks in the beginning throws. If that doesn't work, then reduce your swash mix settings, all 3, by 5% and try it again. If one feels too soft, go back up.

Slobberdog

Hey Tony, when I was building mine GABA told me that fbl controllers don't like d/r and it was better to just use expo, been looking for the posts but can't find them at the moment

DAL2855

Banned
Ok so I have the elevator and ailerons setup to the initial 8 degrees of movement, so what should I try Tony, 6 degrees or maybe 5 degrees?

DAL2855

Banned
Ok now I set the elevator and ailerons to only 5 degrees of pitch movement and took out the D/R and changed the Expo to 15% and I am loving it! Might turn the throttle curve up a little did a pitch pump by complete accident and it bogged down a little on the head speed so I may have to dial it up a little bit! But think I'm finally getting it dialed in good!

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
Thanks Dirk! Yeah I am finally getting the hang of this flying a 6ch! Been especially hard because that's what I started out on! Probably should have started with something smaller, but that's me though! Always love a challenge!

:warning: On Helifreak they would say never say
A getting the hang of this.
B haven't crashed in awhile.
C this thing is working flawlessly.
and a thing not to do... don't fly with a brand new canopy.

Glad the 450 is working out great... I'm still learning myself, but all I can say is :arms: and hope to see more!

Last edited:

DAL2855

Banned
Right! But I am definitely getting much better! At attempting to hover anyways. and forward and backward and sideways flight. Haven't attempted any circuits or figure 8's yet with it. Still trying to master a rock solid hover with it first before I move onto anything else just yet! But am loving it so far!

Top Bottom