1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Long Forum, Or Short Forum?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Tony, Feb 18, 2017.

< Testing The Alerts | Live Stream Issues Resolved? >
  1. D.O.G.

D.O.G. I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter Goblin 380 Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Disable
    :agree: with the Admiral. Keep it simple :cheerful: short forum would be better, i think :dunno:

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    K.I.S.S. huh... Yea, I have problems keeping things simple lmao. Can you tell? :biggrin1:

3. KLA

KLA Member

Blog Posts:
    Heavy Equipment Operator/Truck Driver
    Hey Tony, like the forum the way it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Right? The new format is pretty nice. The only thing that I don't like is now that there aren't any signatures at the bottom of everyone's posts we don't know a lot of the members names. That was one thing that I liked on this forum more than the other forums, RCH was more personalized. Some of the members, we know their names, but a lot of them we dont. Especially the newer members. Not necessarily saying to bring back the full signatures, but somehow have the members names at the bottom of the posts, at least for the members that don't mind giving their personal name.
    Some members, like you or Gena, we know their names cause that's what you guys put for your "nicknames", but for members that didn't start out that way, we don't know who they are. Most people don't know that my name is Keith, or DOG's name is Ivan, or Smoggie's name is Steve, and so on. That's the one thing I wish we could bring back.

4. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:

Keith.... if you aren't seeing the signatures, go into your account settings and look in preferences... put a checkmark in the option to show signatures.

5. Sweetfrost

Sweetfrost Member

Blog Posts:
    I like it as it is now. But i find it a little hard to read the because of the grey design .. can i change it to other colors?

6. KLA

KLA Member

Blog Posts:
    I have the box to show signatures checked as you can see in this first screenshot, and in the second screenshot you can see that there are no signatures at the bottom of the posts.

Screenshot_2017-02-22-10-29-41.png Screenshot_2017-02-22-10-29-18.png

7. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    You didn't mention you were using a mobile device... so I assumed you were using a standard computer .... ( as any sane person should... LMAO )

First step... make certain you have your browser set to "request desktop site" or whatever wording that your browser uses for that setting.... that wording was from an Android running the Chrome browser....

Next... turn the device horizontal ( landscape mode ) and look again... my sig should be a good example since I used some colored fonts when I set up my sig so they stand up better than the darker gray... in portrait mode the sigs go away automatically since there is limited horizontal space... it saves a little bit of scrolling that way.

8. KLA

KLA Member

Blog Posts:
    Ya know I never even thought about turning my phone sideways. But, when I do turn it sideways all of the signatures show up. Imagine that!!! Thanks a bunch, Randy. Appreciate the info.

rdsok likes this.
  9. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Guess it's time for PSA ( public service announcement ).... LMAO

Cell pic orientation.jpg

Since I take a lot of pics ( usually with my camera and not my phone though )... I always get a kick out of that meme :)

10. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Yea, but if it can be upgraded, break it! lmao. That is the motto I use with my cars anyway lmao.

At this time there is only one theme. Keeping up with two themes with all of the changes we are doing would give me twice as much work. Once everything settles down, I may see if I can come up with a quick white background theme for those that have a hard time with the dark theme. Doing it after I get everything done in here would allow all of the modifications to transfer over to the new theme, thus saving me a lot of work.

11. Oldensly

Oldensly Member

Blog Posts:
    RETARED
    It seems to be fine for me as it is. Good Job

12. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for that Oldensly!

13. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm not sure that I prefer a long or short forum. I've been a member of this forum for years and I can't say that I've ever had a problem navigating.

14. Slobberdog

Slobberdog Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    My feeling is its long enough as it is now, any longer and it will be messy and you will find that some added folders will only get used once in a blue moon,

15. sneezy007

sneezy007 I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Geophysical Technician (Retired)
    Home Page:
    The condensed version is fine with me as well.
    BTW thanks for all your hard work with the website, it looks awesome.

Cheers :banana:

16. halftank25

halftank25 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Law Enforcement
    Hi Tony
    I would like the longer forums where you discuss about a particular individual RC component . Ikon, Spartan, Spektrum Dx8, Futaba, Blade, Align examples
    Thank you for all your hard work for making this a great site!!!
    Halftank

< Testing The Alerts | Live Stream Issues Resolved? >