General lipo batteries for align 450

zenmetsu

Why not use an online calculator and take the guess work out of things? http://www.castlecreations.com/support/flight_calculator.html

I plugged in the details for my 250 and it tells me that I should get about 6.4 minutes of flight time. I get about 6.5 minutes before the ESC throttles down the motor due to low LiPo charge, so I have confidence that the calculations are pretty close.

Using this calculator, you can keep things constant and change one thing, like the battery, and see what gets you the best flight times.

Lee

OK if your pinion is 10T, 11T will reduce the flight times. So i wouldn't bother.
I all honesty i would just fly it and get more batteries to allow you to fly more.
I have 6 batteries for my 500, which gives me 40 mins of constant flying. So an hour or two with chill breaks in between.

concept30

why giving a left stick a left input dont move my tail, when I start to take off the tail moves to the right, I think I have try everything I know how to do to get it to do right with no success I have my Gyro set to 65.5%(gyro switch up) and rate mode to 35.5%( gyro switch down) someone please help

zenmetsu

As you increase head speed, the natural tendency is for the tail to move to the right if the main rotor spins clockwise. Initially you will not have enough head speed (and thus tail rotor speed) for any yaw authority from the gyro. As the head speed increases, you should see the gyro able to tame the yaw tendency of the helicopter.

If you are at 30% or more throttle and you still have a considerable left rotation, especially since you stated that the heli will not respond to input, I would check your travel adjustments and maybe expo settings.

Does the tail pitch slider move at all when you give left/right rudder input?

Tony

Staff member
If stick input is not moving the tail then I would go back in and do the setup again in the gyro for endpoints. Make sure everything for the tail endputs in the Tx are all at 100% and let the gyro take the movement out.

Top Bottom