Lift-off Simulator

bigone5500

A quick tip: If you open the game without using the link within steam, you will not be able to log into the pro account. It will say offline in the upper right corner.

Last edited:

bigone5500

Another tip: While playing you will accrue XP. This XP will unlock a gift. To claim it go to the work bench and select a quad. When on the work bench you will see a briefcase at the upper right, click it and then click the latches to claim a reward. I found the rewards are actually skins for existing items. Pretty neat nonetheless.

bigone5500

I wouldn't know how to tell. My theory is if I can design a quad in the sim with the specs of my real one I will be as close to reality as possible.

bigone5500

Found another neat little gem. You can build your own quad in the game using the parts available. Then you can customize the colors/skins of each part if applicable. Afterwards, you can adjust the PIDs of the FC and when you are satisfied, save it with a unique name. Then you can share your build. Here is one I just did and it actually flies pretty good. I used the PIDs from my actual quad. I know almost nothing about PIDs so take what I have with a gran of salt. If you have lift-off sim, you can click the add to collection to try it out.

Steam Workshop :: 5 Inch Racer

bigone5500

I'm going to print that. Tony maybe you could make a pdf download on the article page? Just a suggestion...

bigone5500

Better yet, maybe put one of those print links on the page? I can print the page but there is a lot that will be printed besides the article information.

bigone5500

Wow. Thanks. I'll proofread it after work. Things got real busy and I haven't even had time to think about printing it.

Thanks again!

RandyDSok

I see a couple of spots that replaced a letter/number with a symbol character...

Second paragraph under the P section...

"It can deviate from 0º by quite a few degrees since it's correction is directly related to the angle at which it is trying to correct."

ie the 0º

Same typo but in the first paragraph for the D section....

"Basically, it sees that the quad was at 45º and P took over to get it back to 0º as fast as it possibly could."

I think that's all I see as possible issues.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, everywhere there was a degree symbol (º), it put in one of those weird "A" symbols. I removed quite a few of them already, but started going blind while looking at it lol. Here is the new one and again, I will delete the previous ones.

And the second version still had them because I just now removed those two lol. Either way, it's fixed. For that part at least.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Latest revision. I found quite a few errors where I used it's instead of its and vise versa, or used "more crisp" rather than "crisper" which sounds better and other small grammatical errors that bug me lol. But now, it should be pretty close. Maybe I should edit the actual article lol.

Attachments

• P.I.D. Tuning Explained.pdf
    579.4 KB · Views: 9

Tony

Staff member
Eh, if it's that big of a deal I will change it when I go back to my desktop computer. I kept saying it in my head and both ways sounded right to me, but yea, I failed english in school lmao. Grammar is not my thing most times.

Tony

Staff member
And what the hell is up with the LSU colors? Holy hell, you are blowing out pixels on my screen lmao.

Top Bottom