Lift-off Simulator

bigone5500

Let me reiterate. I can run the SIM fairly well on this computer given the hardware I have. I cannot by any means play it well. I am so novice at this fpv stuff. I really needed this to prep myself for the real thing.

Tony

Staff member
Limiting your FPS is always a good idea. I limit mine to 60 as well. And the reason for this is, it gives the GPU a break. So it can render a frame and take the next two frames off. Cooler running, less power draw, and you never know the difference visually.

As for multi, I have just created a room called RcHelp. Come on in!

bigone5500

FYI

For those who have low end systems you may just be able to run this Sim. I have Intel HD4000 graphics that run the Sim just fine with no lag. I do have to turn off all the 'pretty' to achieve that. But for $20 this snuffs out accurc.

bigone5500

Only if you are just interested in multi-rotor ( quad's etc ) aircraft. If your interests also include airplanes and heli's... it doesn't do anything for those models.
I mainly was referring to the multiplayer portion of accurc. But even if liftoff had planes and helis the whole experience I have had so far is better than accurc. Yes my computer runs kinda sluggish on the sim but I'll deal with that over the long load times and locking up that accurc does.

Tony

Staff member
I didn't notice any glitching or anything when we were playing online. It was quite nice actually. Granted, I have not tried accurc in some time.

bigone5500

In case anyone is wondering about getting this sim and are not sure if you can run it, please refer to these specs and note the specs of my laptop.

My laptop:
CPU: Intel Core i7 3720QM quad core @ 2.8GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000+
RAM: 16GB DDR3

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5 2.4Ghz or better
    • Memory: 3 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Geforce GTX 960 / Radeon HD 7750 or better, 1GB video card memory
    • DirectX: Version 10
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 15 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Only playable with a game controller or remote. Single screen setups recommended. Integrated Intel HD graphics cards not recommended.

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: 2GB video card memory
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 15 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Only playable with a game controller or remote. Single screen setups recommended. Integrated Intel HD graphics cards not recommended.

bigone5500

This is a screenshot of the display settings available. I have all of them disabled and have set the quality setting to 'fastest'. It is not recommended to use intel integrated as there can be some performance problems. I think however, if your CPU is beefy enough then it can possibly be ok as my experience proves.

liftoffsettings.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Selecting Windowed will also help with resources. And it allows you to click away from the sim without it closing out of view. Mainly an issue with multiple monitors.

RandyDSok

I mainly was referring to the multiplayer portion of accurc. But even if liftoff had planes and helis the whole experience I have had so far is better than accurc. Yes my computer runs kinda sluggish on the sim but I'll deal with that over the long load times and locking up that accurc does.

My reply was more about avoiding having a user misunderstand what the sim was capable of... So many folks these days don't take the time to read or think before they jump...

I'm really excited to see what benchmarks we'll see on the new Zen 2 CPU's... The new X570 chipset motherboards are going to be pretty awesome, finally out specing what the Intel MB's had provided but of course that will also come at a cost which may offset ( in the wrong direction ) the cost of the MB/CPU combo's.

The new Navi GPU's are also interesting but I think they are starting as too high of a cost. Still, this will see us get better pricing on the older Vega 56 and 64 GPU's which weren't bad performers for the midlevel tier they were made for.

Tony

Staff member
Did you hear about the Ryzen 3000 leak? I forget the chip number, but it was right at the i9 9900K performance, and wasn't their top tier chip.

RandyDSok

Did you hear about the Ryzen 3000 leak? I forget the chip number, but it was right at the i9 9900K performance, and wasn't their top tier chip.

Yeah... that's the Ryzen 3800x which is the 8 core 16 thread CPU. It was slower in the single core tests but smashed the Intel in multicore ... but whoever ran the test, didn't use fast memory on the 3800x. It will be real interesting when the real benchmarking gets done and we know the settings used and other things more. I want to see the benchmarks across a wide range of programs and games before I make any judgements.

bigone5500

LOL! That's my attempt at being funny. I played around with the sim some more and for some reason didn't fly as well as I did yesterday. I did find a bug in the game. There is supposed to be one called teal sport but doesn't show in the list. You can use it but can't see it.

Tony

Staff member
Just keep at it. It will come to you. Took me about 2 years to get it, then I forgot it all....

Top Bottom