Prop Lee's RC Help trainer

TripodXL

Yes, I would agree with Tony, angle of attack is the only reason an F-104 would fly and most of the reason an F4 Phantom flew (along with a lot of other fighters). 104 had a glide ratio of maybe 1+ and the F4 was 4:1. Not good dead stick favorites with the crews. The KF-3 as I understand it from the creator's website only gets lift at all from the steps and then not very much, but better than a board, and with ailerons I would imagine it would work much better for flight controls as Tony originally made it, than without. Merely RC theory on my part as Tony obviously put some real world thought into the plans. I look forward to building mine in the coming weeks. Tony, is there a difference in the two sets of plans in the store? Lee you have put a lot of work in the plane and your flying is pretty good...better than mine...will you build an aileron wing or aileron version of the plane after you get to Mexico?

Lee

Hi,
I was just experimenting with the design to see what was possible and not. I have been to Mexico and i'm now back, for reasons i posted in another thread. Good luck with the build mate. As Tony built it, you will have no issues. I've built a tonne of planes in the past but i'm more of a Heli guy. :D

Tony

Staff member
The two plans in the store is the RCH Trainer and the RCH Edge 540. They are completely different planes. One is a trainer, one is 3D.

As for the kfm3, I chose that one for a few reasons. 1, it stated to provide the most lift (again, these fly more with incidence than anything). 2, I think it looks pretty cool lol. 3, and most importantly, if you are using foamboard to build it, this makes for a VERY strong wing that doesn't require any bracing at all. Just glue the pieces together and boom, self supported wing. And with Lee's folded leading edge, it's even stronger and easier to build.

Top Bottom