Prop Lee's RC Help trainer

Tony

Staff member
Ah, I see. Just one too many yanks on it I guess lol.

And I would hope so lmao. My plane AUW PLUS my DX8 don't weigh 4lbs hahahahaha

BOKI

Lee I saw you fly your plane on You Tube nice looking plane & you flew it pretty good! Dave

Derek

Thanks Derek,
I will just make my rudder wider.
I was surprised that my 47g 930KV motor had plenty of punch to get it in the air.

Yeah, I have a 47 gram 1000kv motor on my current RCH Trainer and it seems to work pretty well. The plane is not a "Speed Demon" or anything, but it does fly and the motor and ESC don't get warm. I'm pretty happy with it.

Lee

Made some adjustment to the rudder and nose which made a huge difference. Ended with a bump as the wind was gusty just at the wrong time. I still need to add some more dihedral to the wings to give it more stability.

Last edited by a moderator:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Boy you diffenatly have landing problems with a plane! Lol. Remind me never to let you fly my f7f when it's one!

Lee

What do you means Sam :) its only this plane. Wait until tomorrow. I've added a lot of dihedral now.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I watched all 3 videos and lets see two bent landing gear and a wing hit! Lol it's all good bro has long has it comes down in one piece!

Lee

All mechanical issues not pilot error ;D LOL. So as long as you built your F7F properly, i can fly it hehehe

Tony

Staff member
That looked MUCH better Lee. I may have to make some mods to the nose of the fuse on teh plans. I'm already going to modify (actually I have) the elevator and rudder. Made the rudder 1/2" longer, adn there is no notch in the elevator now. Can't wait to see the plane with new dihedral.

Lee

I made the rudder twice as wide. Huge difference. Will fly today if the wind stays away.

Tony

Staff member
I just finished updating the plans to reflect the new tail feathers, extended the nose by 1/2", and incorporated your wing design with the folding. I also added the specs on the electronics that I used on mine. We will see how it does.

Derek

Nicely done, Lee! The plane looks great! Yeah, the landing was bumpy...but, it happens.

I'll do some changes to my Trainer today...lengthen the nose and add some foam board to the rudder.

Tony

Staff member
Check out the new plans for the trainer in the store. New tail feathers, new wing and longer nose.

Lee

After putting more dihedral in the wings, she flew a lot better. But i have come to the conclusion that this is not ment to be a 3ch plane, and should be left as Tony designed it :)
One change that may make it more stable would be to reduce the aerofoil at the tips. Cut back the top and middle layer to the same as the distance from the trailing edge. Maybe this isn't necessary with ailerons, but i found that my wing had very bad tip stall.
I will rebuild this plane again once i arrive in Mexico, and keep it as it was ment to be built. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Derek

Your plane looks really good in the sky. I really like the low and slow passes that you were doing. Very nice!

You were saying above:

One change that may make it more stable would be to reduce the aerofoil at the tips. Cut back the top and middle layer to the same as the distance from the trailing edge.

Maybe I'm just really tired and worn out from work last night, but I'm not understanding what you are meaning. Can you explain a bit more about this change that you are thinking about?

Lee

You see how the wing steps down from leading edge to trailing edge? Well i was thinking to do the same for the wing tips. So it steps down the closer you get to the tip from 3>2>1 layer of foam board. This will reduce the lift at the tip and hopefully stop them from stalling so easily. As i said, i will build it as Tony has in the plans with ailerons, test it again and maybe try the thinner tips. :D

Tony

Staff member
I actually like that idea. I think it would make the wing look better as well. May have to work on this if I get time. One thing to remember though, these planes with wings like this, fly more with incidence than lift from the wing. So I'm not sure it will actually "help" much.

Top Bottom