Learning fast..

Hi all..So I'm new to this..have alread got 3 6ch 1 of wich is a 3D, have a 120 SR..that I started on months ago. Have smashed up one Blade Huey and am rebuilding it, Got ripped of on a Walkera V400D02 (my 3D heli) by WOW hobbies and love Toni's videos. I have learned tons..plan to learn tons more and will be ready for the next crash..hopefully it will be awhile lol. I am not rushing things other than how many heli's I have. Namaste all.:fat:

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Hey glad you could make it over here. You are not the only one that has had issues with WOW Hobbies, I have had issues as well, and the funny thing is, I was trying to help them out and they screwed me lmao. For this reason, there will not be a build video on the Brushless Upgrade on my mcpx. Well not unless I do some heavy editing anyway. I would really like to have people see the video since it's informative, but I will have to find a way to take their name out of it, or release just what they are doing out in public. Either way, it's good times lmao.

You have a nice collection of helis there. More than I have now I know that. Now, I mostly have planes, but need to get back into the heli's in a bad way. Welcome aboard, let us know what we cna help with.

Lee

Welcome dude, First thing is to get some pictures up of your squadron.
@ Tony I will do a build video of my BL set up from HawkRC

Tony

Staff member
The build should be pretty much the same. Are you using the CF frame, or the stock frame?

Lee

The RKN frame, 7mm tail motor to start then probably twin tail motor if the first one packs in. RKN swashplate And some other goodies :D

Tony

Staff member
Okay cool. I was hoping you were going to do it with the stock frame. I was going to, but decided against it lol. Oh well, always next time. I will try to get my video edited so people can see it. Should be pretty good, expensive, but good.

I was always affraid of them growing up but have gotten up some guption in the last year.. I have my 120 SR,Blade SR Huey,Blade SR,Walkera V400D02.. Am waiting for parts on my Walk as it got here with a lose motor and stripped servo's lol, Radio was not set up. Heli was not set up..could not have been test flown because there is no way it would have flown even if I was a heli god, My huey is wrecked atm cause I am NOT a heli god LOL. But hey..My 120 is a kick in the but and my SR is actually due to arrive today.. Next week is my DX6i and so begins the odysey lol.. I have been flying my 120 for about 6 months now and almost never crash it anymore if I aint gettin brave lol. Thanks for all the help you don't realize you have already given me..I have been learning with you for awhile now actually. Thanks again.

Niiice. Will get pics in soon..just need to put the Huey back together in a few days. Hey Question..can you tell me why the Servos on the Walkera are almost constantly buzzing?? 1 is not stripped but they all buzz from the box. I set up the radio..realize the swash was a bit off but in the process of initial settup and diagnostics the servos would not stop buzzing..is this normal? did I just expose my Noob status? LOL

Tony

Staff member
That's good to hear that you have been following us for a while. I know that I'm the only one heard on the videos, but this site would not be possible without the members we have here. It's great and I'm loving every minute of it (unless the server crashes or we have picture uploading issues lmao). But, I can't think of anything else that I would rather be doing other than this. Can't wait to see your squadron when you get it all together. You will love that DX6i as well.

Lee

The buzzing is normal if they are Digital servos. If they are analog, then its a sign of something binding. Which are they?

They are analog. Guess it has some other issues as well lol..good thing my bank called it fraud cause they would not honor their claims and refunded my money I guess lol. I have to rebuild the dam thing it seems.

Tony

Staff member
It was fraud. If I would have seen their return policy before they sent me the brushless kit, I never would have went with them. I was looking for a complete plug and play kit for those that are not that great at soldering, and I'm still looking lmao.

As for the servos, I didn't even see that question when I posted last. If they have a load on them being analog, then they will make noise. But, no load, there shouldn't be any noise. Same goes for digitals, no load, no noise. However the digitals are louder than the analogs since they are correcting more times per second. If they are not getting hot, then you should be fine.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
WickedWolf... welcome! good to see you around. NAMASTE!! :) where are you located? or where are you from.. I am trying to see if there is another indian on the forum somewhere.. :) :)

:)

This is when the heli is just sitting..blades straight out. no controls being touched.. servos just bbbzzzzzzz zbbzzb zbzbbzbzzbzbzz..lol bassicly

Ha ha.. At the moment I got a bottle of Mezcal in the kitchen I cook with..er... get cooked with..I always get that confused ha ha.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
OHH NO ANOTHER IRISH!!

TONY SHUT THIS SITE DOWN MAN!!

LOL JUST KIDDING!! :D :D good to have youi here!! namaste is kind hindi for "hello". Hindi is my mother tongue as I am from India, live in the states for last few years, so yes thats what triggered my curiosity! :)

aaaahh I see..I say Namaste as I am a studying Buddhist. I study theology and philosophy at home. I am dissabled due to a heart condition..fly USUALLY lol relaxes me.

Woot..got my SR and since I have the Huey I already had a hot battery so out we went..up she went and I am now happy again..My bird flew beautifully..sticks felt great. :)

Top Bottom