General Last question

treff

I will now remove the helicopter from the dustbin in my mind. I should have done it, I needed to scraped the damn thing, to put the bloody thing out of my misery but I was to weak.
I thought of the new DFC head, the Savox servos, the new tail servo. I'm so weak. I give it one more chance to get of the bloody ground. Just once more mind. One more go then that's it BIN TIME!!!!!!!

stokke

I have never had any major issues with the 3gx either (except the occasional tip-over). It's a fine gyro, and you can fly the crap out of your heli with it.

Slobberdog

I have never had any major issues with the 3gx either (except the occasional tip-over). It's a fine gyro, and you can fly the crap out of your heli with it.

On V3.1 mine was solid in the air, and pretty good on the ground, yes it would tip but only if you left it for like 20+ seconds spooled up.

I had heard so many bad things about this gyro before I got mine dialled in with Tony's help, that I was thinking of changing mine out before I even flew it,

But tbh you can make it feel soft and controllable or have it really direct, you just have to play with the software until you get it how you want it, it is a good gyro at heart, but silly issues with early release of firmware on more than one occasion has hurt it badly, would be nice if they had blue tooth for it as well like they promised, that would ease the pain of having to tweak it on the lappy............

Tony

Staff member
You don't have to use a lappy, you can make all of the changes on teh gyro it's self in the flight mode settings. You can go completely through teh setup of the gyro and never have to hook it up to a computer, but a computer helps with the gyro pot settings.

murankar

Staff member
Man I have been reading all of these posts on the 3gx and how "Bad" it is. My zyx-s seems to be way better than that. Granted I have not had much time on my new setup and at this point I feel good about it.

As for the bx that thing sounds spot on out of the box. It seems that Beast people got it figured out.

Good luck treff with the new kit when you get it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

BAdair

I hate to hear about your Heli Treff, sorry it gave you so many issues.
I understand about getting to the last thread with something and canning it, I have done it myself after stomping it in to little tiny pieces...

I have 3gx 3.0 on my 450DFC and my 500 FBL and no issues, I'm about to build a 550 FBL with the same on it, have the kit just needs to be assembled.
I don't leave them spooled up on the ground tho, I get to speed and lift.
I am fine with 3.0 and don't plan on changing it.

treff

Well Gentlemen of great knowledge I pick my heli back out from the bin and after reading ancient Chinese writings
by the most learned of people. I gleaned a little of the ancient arts and through the mists of time I was handed down a little gem by those learned ones, those exalted ones. Shorten the rudder push rod they inspired. I obeyed with out objection. Still my infernal machine would not fly. Changed the main blades they commanded. I obeyed. EUREKA! EUREKA! EUREKA! THE BLOODY THING THING FLIES. Gone the tip over, gone the tail wag. It is now the Swiss watch of helicopters.
I always said the 3gx was a good system lol. Oh exalted ones I bow before you in sublimation. I can now fly the damn thing into the bin with a smile on my face. LOL Thanks Tony, picked up on one of your ancient articles. Cheers

murankar

Staff member
Thank the gods that you over came your problems and solved them. Sometimes those gods must be crazy.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

treff

Thanks to all that replied to my thread. I've had a few flights so far now with the new head and set up. It's very stable and needs a better pilot than me LOL but we continue to make slow progress. I even turn in now so looking straight down
the nose os the heli. Less panic now, i think because the sticks are very respnsive and it's a delight to fly. Just got to keep it out of the dirt for a while so I can get some practice in. More to follow. Cheers

That's great to hear that u have got it flying now dude! I had a few probs when I 1st got my T-Rex and as a newbie I had only RC-Help for guidance , with a lot of fiddling and adjusting and perseverance it now flys superb , it's great when u get things just right and u can concerntrate on just learning to fly and not keep worrying about the set up all the time , well done dude and keep us posted , and like Tony says , VIDEO or it didn't happen lol :surprise:

Top Bottom